Re: PeerData Property - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: PeerData Property (General questions)

by bvonfintel, Friday, June 22, 2012, 16:26 (4333 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,
wodVPN is peer to peer component. You can connect multiple peers from one side but for each connection with new peer you need to use new wodVPN instance.

So Arg3 will be sent to exact peer where you want to connect because one instance of wodVPN can connect to one peer.

Yes, I am creating one instance on the server for each client that it will connect to - which is working fine. As one client connects, the server will create another instance to listen for the next p2p connection.

My clients know what the server's ID is, so I can do a Search and the mediator will find and return the server's details to the client. From what I understand, before the SearchDone event is triggered with those details, it sends a packet to the server and it then needs to receive a packet from the server (this usually happens when Search is called from the server). Is there an event triggered on the server when that initial packet is sent? Ideally I would like a way that the server knows about a client connecting without building another mechanism/transport to handle that.

Complete thread: