Re: Uploading/Download (server/client both created - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: Uploading/Download (server/client both created (General questions)

by Dennis, Saturday, December 18, 2004, 00:53 (7078 days ago) @ wodSupport

You don't have to deal with SFTP related server stuff. wodSSHServer deals with it - you just have to allow/deny actions in corresponding events.

And, since SFTP is protocol that runs on top of encrypted SSH layer - trying User.Send would send raw data on that SSH layer. Client would be confused, since it received packets which he thinks are SFTP packets (and are not), and would probably drop connection since he wouldn't understand them.

Hope it helps.

I'm not sure if we're missunderstanding eachother here or if I'm getting totally lost.

The server I'm building needs to be able to do more then a FTP (that is list online users, send private messages and such), aswell as uploading/downloading files.
There for I MUST be able to let the client and server speak with eachother using my own protocol.

The only sample included that could upload/download files was the SFTP sample.
So in order for me to be able to give my users the ability to upload/download I take it I have to use this:

[code]Private Sub SSHD1_ServiceRequest(ByVal User As wodSSHDComLIB.ISSHUser, ByVal ServiceIndex As Long, ServiceType As wodSSHDComLIB.SSHServiceTypes, ServicePath As String, Action As wodSSHDComLIB.SSHActions)
If ServiceType <> stSubsystem Then Action = Deny
End Sub[/code]

Am I right?
And if I do so, I can no longer take control over the data sent to/from the client.

Since I haven't seen any information or samples on how to run different services on the same component I take it you can't do it.
But if one can.. I really could you some help on that.

To sum thing up, here's what I'm trying to do:

Client:
Upload/Download Files without locking the software.
The Ability to list remote files.
The ability to list online users.
The ability to send pm's to users.

In other words, being able to perform tasks while down/up -loading.

Server:
The ability to send/recieve files from users
The ability to send online user list.
The ability to send file list.
The ability to take input from the client like UserList, PrivateMessages and sent em to the target user.

I'm having a hard time doing this.
The client part, I think we figured out how that could be done by using 2 of your components.

But the servers is another deal.. cause I'm not sure how I can both use it to send/rec. files and still being able to recieve/send data to users.

Should I work with one of the others samples provided in the package?
Or could I use some other ServiceType so I still can work with wodSSHD1_Received to perform additional tasks?

Cheers,

Dennis

Complete thread: