Re: Uploading/Download (server/client both created - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: Uploading/Download (server/client both created (General questions)

by Dennis, Friday, December 17, 2004, 19:00 (7078 days ago) @ wodSupport

Dennis,

you need file-transfer component for the client side too. I suggest you try out wodSFTP, it will do file transfers for you.

Regards,
Kreso

Thx for the fast reply.

I tried wodSFTP, great component.
But after doing some coding, I realized I can't let the client do ANYTHING during file transfer due to the fact that it will packet integrity.

And the info SSHD1_RECIEVED said I cannot use any custom code in there.. that makes it impossible to extend the protocol for my needs (online users, send messages and such)

Is there anyway to get around this with your components or do I need to look for other components/ways to do this?

Basically what I need is to create a secure servers that allowed people to login, get a list of online users, gets the servers file list, Upload/Download files, send private messages.
And I need to be able to upload/download files without interfering or locking the client during the transfer.

This will be an application for our students to talk to teachers/eachother while uploading and downloading work on our Intranet.. so it doesn't need to be fancy.. but some files are 1Gb plus and at high load they might get 100KB/sec.. can't have the client locked for that long.. so it's a must that they can chat while downloading.

Cheers,
Dennis

Complete thread: