Re: ftp user ssl - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: ftp user ssl (General questions)

by Ed Weijma, Monday, May 14, 2012, 14:52 (4373 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hello Demba,

I have looked at the properties of the site in the gui and I use port 990. I have tried to use port 21 but that's not working. In the properties in the gui I also refer to the global settings of the gui.

In the properties of the site in the gui I also set the setting of the options 'Data Connection Type' and 'Transfer Type' to Use global settings .

In the global settings in the security/SSL security section I set the certificate and private key.

I have tried different options in my wodftp script:
- change the protocol settings from 2 to 3.
- remove the protocol setting from the script.
- use port 21 instead of port 990.
- test the script by removing the authentication setting.

Every test I am getting the same result: Time out in the connect setting .

Maybe I have started wrong by copying a working script with ftp to SSH to a script and now working with ftp and SSL.

I need to use the certificate and the private ket and I think I have set those two files correctly in my script. Is de use of global setting a problem?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed,

You have a gui application that works? There should be no differences between GUI app and Script code. Both should work by setting the same parameters.

Please note that you're trying to set Protocol property to 2, while setting Port to 990. Protocol 2 is regular FTPS (using Auth SSL command), while port 990 is used for Implicit SSL (which doesn't use Auth SSL). This *could* be the reason why you would receive a timeout error since component would connect (and there is server on 990 who will accept connection) but further communication wouldn't be possible.

Regards,
Damba

Complete thread: