Re: GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt (General questions)

by Lyle, Wednesday, November 09, 2005, 21:38 (6747 days ago) @ wodSupport

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your swift response to this issue. I appreciate you looking into it and hope that you have a resolution for me very soon. So that you know, I will soon also be making use of the buffered PutData commands -- I'll let you know if I run into any problems with temp files.

Regarding the use of an int pointer to send the buffer size and return the number of bytes written to the buffer, I understand that it wouldn't be useful in determining how large to make the buffer. However, it would be very useful for understanding how many bytes to read from my buffer (especially if it is binary and could have embedded 0-value bytes). It would also be very useful if I were retrieving a large file in parts -- I could check the number of bytes written to the buffer and know that I was done when that value was less than my buffer size.

Please don't get me wrong... I very much like this product and have otherwise found it to be an excellent resource. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards!

Lyle

Complete thread: