GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Lyle, Wednesday, November 09, 2005, 16:54 (6748 days ago)

Greetings!

We recently purchased this DLL to add secure FTP to one of our mission-critical applications. So far, I've been able to code and successfuly test everything that we've needed (GetFile, PutFile, DeleteFile, etc.).

I run into problems, however, in trying to access the contents of a remote file. I understand the use of a temporary file for the GetData/GetDataAt functions, but I see no need for a local file for the buffered versions of those functions, GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt. I've supplied a buffer to the DLL for writing file contents, there is no need to write to a file. Why should I be getting an error 30024 when I use that command?

Moreover, why do these buffered commands not conform to the age-old standard for buffered commands? Each of your buffered property retrieval commands (e.g., GetListItem, GetErrotText, etc.) uses an int pointer to send the buffer size to the function and return the size written into the buffer. Why is this not the case with GetDataToBuffer/GetDataToBufferAt?

I need a way to retrieve remote file contents without having to allow guest user access to my local drive. Can someone help?

Best Regards,

Lyle Janney
Lead Analyst/Programmer
Purdue University

Complete thread: