wodSHellMenu and WINDOWS 7 Explorer - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodSHellMenu and WINDOWS 7 Explorer (General questions)

by weissenborn.markus, Thursday, February 09, 2012, 10:19 (4468 days ago)

Hello,

I am using your genious extension for easy access to the explorer context menu. [:smile:]

We now found out, that the New FOlder Button in the explorer does not run if I have startet my vb6 application under WINDOWS 7 with the wodSHellMenu.dll referenced.
The menu still works perfect, only the button does not work any more.
Any idea?

Best regards

Markus

Re: wodSHellMenu and WINDOWS 7 Explorer

by woddrazen, Thursday, February 09, 2012, 11:48 (4468 days ago) @ weissenborn.markus

Dear Markus,

hi. Unfortunately wodShellMenu is a free product and no support is provided for it. We gave it for free download so if it works - it works ;) If you need to improve it, you can purchase source code and try to change it to suit your needs.

I'm sorry - but answering support questions would take us time to try things out, duplicate them see how to fix them etc. - something that we can't afford for a free product.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Drazen

by weissenborn.markus, Thursday, February 09, 2012, 12:25 (4468 days ago) @ woddrazen

Dear Drazan,

I agree with you, free products are of no profit for you.

Mhhhmm, here we have a dead lock.
When I buy the source code and it will not function, then I have spent money for no function.
I do not think that I am able to improve your code, beside of this, I do not know the language you have used.
So what to do?
I would suggest to simply compile this code again on a more modern mashine, whith all these patches and MS KBxxxxx installed.
The actual compiled control is from 2004 !

During the move to WINDOWS 7 I have experienced, that simply recompiling solves the most of all the problems.

I can also think about a compiling fee by PayPal donation [:happy:]

Best regards

Markus

by woddrazen, Thursday, February 09, 2012, 15:16 (4468 days ago) @ weissenborn.markus

Markus,

If you purchase wodShellMenu source code and still experience same issue we will try to help you to resolve it.

Source code is written in VC++, to be more precise VC6.

Drazen