wodVPN behind firewall - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodVPN behind firewall (General questions)

by lwc5202, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 10:06 (4785 days ago)

Hello,

I've tried the sample program Full Network Redirect CS . which works if only one client behind the firewall. Once I put both clients behind the firewall the link failed. I was thinking the firewall setting and I try Wippien it works. Please help me set up properly

Thanks a lot

David Chiang

Re: wodVPN behind firewall

by woddrazen, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 10:09 (4785 days ago) @ lwc5202

Hi David,

You mention that Wippien works. Did you add some exception inside your firewall for Wippien or Wippen adapter maybe?

Wippien is using wodVPN under the hood, so probably wodVPN should work also.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by lwc5202, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 14:10 (4785 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi David,

You mention that Wippien works. Did you add some exception inside your firewall for Wippien or Wippen adapter maybe?

Wippien is using wodVPN under the hood, so probably wodVPN should work also.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

Hi, Drazen

I did not change anything just install Wippien and it works. I don't know what did I do wrong. I like to buy the product but I need to make sure it is working and it looks like working but I just want to figure out where did I do wrong. [:sad:] Do you sample which should work. Or should I bulid the product from Wippien SDK? I will buy all three of your products (wodvpn, wodxpmm and autoupgrad). Please advise any possible direction to work.

Thanks very much and best regarded

David Chiang

by woddrazen, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 14:14 (4785 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

You mention that it works if you aren't using firewall. Can you maybe explain what works? Are you able to ping peers?

Also, you are using some local firewall?

Drazen

by lwc5202, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 14:43 (4785 days ago) @ woddrazen

David,

You mention that it works if you aren't using firewall. Can you maybe explain what works? Are you able to ping peers?

Also, you are using some local firewall?

Drazen

Hello, Drazen

Thanks for such quick response[:happy:] It first try is one end has public IP and the other end is behind a NAT. It don't need hole puching. The second try set up like 4 internet connections. One is just a simple router and the other 3 connect to a layer 3 switch which has (4 internet ports, one DMZ and LAN port). I was thinking it might be couse by this switch. Afterinstall the wippien, it should not be the problem. I am planing a P2P project and I am very interesting your product which should shorter my development time.

Thanks very much

David Chaing

by woddrazen, Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 15:04 (4785 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

We talked about your issue on our live chat.

Let us know if you experience some problem and we will try to help you.

Drazen

by lwc5202, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 08:58 (4784 days ago) @ woddrazen

David,

We talked about your issue on our live chat.

Let us know if you experience some problem and we will try to help you.

Drazen

Hello, Drazen

Could we try again. I still have problem to connect from our intranet. Maybe your can help me to deal the problem.

Thanks

David Chiang

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 09:40 (4784 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

How exactly do you set up a connection when using a sample? Do you use Search method?

Can you please be more specific? Any details that you can provide can help us understand better and perhaps provide more help.

Regards,
Damba

by lwc5202, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:02 (4784 days ago) @ wodDamir

David,

How exactly do you set up a connection when using a sample? Do you use Search method?

Can you please be more specific? Any details that you can provide can help us understand better and perhaps provide more help.

Regards,
Damba

Hello, Damba

Thanks for you help. I've try with Drazen yesterday which was working. Both client behind simple router (NAT). I have a layer 3 switch which has 4 internet ports, one DMZ and LAN port. It works if I use Wippien client to connect. When I try Simple project using C#, the message show Linking... then time out. Is there any method I try?

Thanks a lot

David Chiang

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:51 (4784 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

Can you try Full network redirect sample instead? Does that work?

If it doesn't, can you please enable VPN communication on P2P startup log in Wippien, as well as DebugFile property in wodVPN and send us the logs to techsupport@weonlydo.com?

DebugFile property is a hidden property, but it's there. Just point it to some file on your disk.

Regards,
Damba

by lwc5202, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 02:54 (4783 days ago) @ wodDamir

David,

Can you try Full network redirect sample instead? Does that work?

If it doesn't, can you please enable VPN communication on P2P startup log in Wippien, as well as DebugFile property in wodVPN and send us the logs to techsupport@weonlydo.com?

DebugFile property is a hidden property, but it's there. Just point it to some file on your disk.

Regards,
Damba

Thanks for so much help.
One samll qustion.[:happy:] Can wodVPN work without Virtual network adapter?

Thanks

David Chiang

by woddrazen, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 09:25 (4783 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

Yes, of course. You can use 1. Simple sample.

When you connect two peers you can make port forwarding and forward (tunnel) port (ports) you want.

Drazen

by lwc5202, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 11:58 (4783 days ago) @ woddrazen

David,

Yes, of course. You can use 1. Simple sample.

When you connect two peers you can make port forwarding and forward (tunnel) port (ports) you want.

Drazen

Hello Drazen,

What is different between Simple sample and Full Network Redirect ? In my envirment only Full Network Redirect work. Simple sample does not work.

Thanks

David Chiang

by woddrazen, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 12:02 (4783 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

Full Network Redirect sample uses virtual network adapter and redirect full network traffic like in local network.

1. Simple sample is not using virtual network adapter at all. When you connect two peers you can choice which ports you want to forward. You can do that inside sample.

Did you maybe change anything inside 1. Simple sample? If you are able to connect peers with Full Network Redirect sample than 1. Simple should work also.

Drazen

by lwc5202, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 12:09 (4783 days ago) @ woddrazen

David,

Full Network Redirect sample uses virtual network adapter and redirect full network traffic like in local network.

1. Simple sample is not using virtual network adapter at all. When you connect two peers you can choice which ports you want to forward. You can do that inside sample.

Did you maybe change anything inside 1. Simple sample? If you are able to connect peers with Full Network Redirect sample than 1. Simple should work also.

Drazen

Drazen,

I did not change any program. But my enviroment is a bit compicate which is set up like a layer 3 switch which has 4 internet ports, one DMZ and LAN port. Maybe I do need a virtural network adapter

Thanks a lot

David Chiang

by woddrazen, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 12:15 (4783 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

Which problem you received when you use 1. Simple sample? If you look at those two samples, you will see that Step 1 and Step 2 is same.

Drazen

by lwc5202, Thursday, April 14, 2011, 12:27 (4783 days ago) @ woddrazen

David,

Which problem you received when you use 1. Simple sample? If you look at those two samples, you will see that Step 1 and Step 2 is same.

Drazen

Drazen,

Yes I was using Simple sample which failed me. Anyway I will do whatever works. [:happy:]

Thanks a lot

David Chiang

BTW thanks for the reply for the other answer (what do I need to build a complete P2P chat servic ). You and Damba are very helpful