WodBeep - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

WodBeep (General questions)

by D. Waters, Friday, January 21, 2005, 02:03 (7043 days ago)

Any additional documentation on the wodBeep product?

I am interested in its capabilities for IPC (on a single PC, communication between two applications/ processes). Listed in one of the samples is the BeepDirectP2PTransport, but it is nowhere in the documentation. Would this be the correct transport for this? And if so, is there some supporting documentation for it? (I realize this is a free app, but IPC simplification would be worth paying for).

Thanks!

Re: WodBeep

by wodSupport, Friday, January 21, 2005, 18:20 (7043 days ago) @ D. Waters

D.,

would you believe me if I told you that in more than a year wodBeep is alive NOONE ever asked for it? In our opinion - this protocol is not used widely. We would at least get some feedback product is bad if product is bad ;) But we didn't get ANY emails about it - so I assume it's not worth to develop or test or support it - thus it's free.

If you want, you can purchase source code and try things by yourself.

Regards,
Kreso

Re: WodBeep

by wittend, Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 15:34 (6947 days ago) @ wodSupport

D.,

would you believe me if I told you that in more than a year wodBeep is alive NOONE ever asked for it? In our opinion - this protocol is not used widely. We would at least get some feedback product is bad if product is bad ;) But we didn't get ANY emails about it - so I assume it's not worth to develop or test or support it - thus it's free.

If you want, you can purchase source code and try things by yourself.

Regards,
Kreso

Hmmm... I never looked closely at wodBeep.

It looks as if it might have some possibilities that I did not initially appreciate. From its name and the fact that it is free (human nature, I guess), I assumed that it was simply intended as a utility of some kind to demonstrate connectivity.

On closer inspection I can think of some cases where it might prove quite useful. If this is so, I will consider purchasing the source.

-- Dave