FTPS Implicit - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

FTPS Implicit (wodFtpDLX / wodFtpDLX.NET)

by cvmbor, Friday, July 24, 2009, 23:15 (5389 days ago)

Does the weDoOnly ftpDLX implementation of FTPS Implicit use the standard ports of 21 and 990? We are trying to get thru a firewall without success. Our firewall guys say FTPS does not always work thru a firewall, passive mode may be okay, but in active mode there's an issue where the client's IP address is communicated to the server within the packet payload. Since this packet is encrypted, the firewall is unable to translate that address. I assume I can specify active or passive as well?

Thanks

Craig Morris

Re: FTPS Implicit

by woddrazen, Friday, July 24, 2009, 23:59 (5389 days ago) @ cvmbor

Hi Craig,

FTPS Implicit protocol in wodFtpDLX by default uses port 990. You can change that port to 21 or some other using wodFtpDLX Port Property.

You can specify active or passive connection using wodFtpDLX Passive Property. When you set Passive Property to True passive connection will be used. If False is selected active connection will be used.

Can you try that please and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by cvmbor, Monday, July 27, 2009, 15:37 (5387 days ago) @ woddrazen

I think the problem is with the random data port that is selected. I found where it picks 3000-3010 but when we watched our session, 3025 was the port selected. I have read where it is possible to give it a range of ports to select from. Is this possible in wodFtpDLX?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

FTPS Implicit protocol in wodFtpDLX by default uses port 990. You can change that port to 21 or some other using wodFtpDLX Port Property.

You can specify active or passive connection using wodFtpDLX Passive Property. When you set Passive Property to True passive connection will be used. If False is selected active connection will be used.

Can you try that please and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen[/quote]

by woddrazen, Monday, July 27, 2009, 16:07 (5387 days ago) @ cvmbor

Craig,

You can specify in wodFtpDLX lowest and highest port that can be used for incoming data connections.

Using wodFtpDLX MinDataPort Property and MaxDataPort Property.

More help for MaxDataPort Property you can find here:
http://www.weonlydo.com/FtpDLX/Help/wodFtpDLXLib~wodFtpDLX~MinDataPort.html

and more help for MaxDataPort Property you can find here:
http://www.weonlydo.com/FtpDLX/Help/wodFtpDLXLib~wodFtpDLX~MaxDataPort.html

Let us know how it goes.

Drazen