OutOfMemoryException - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

OutOfMemoryException (wodFtpDLX / wodFtpDLX.NET)

by mbutenko, Monday, November 10, 2008, 18:32 (5646 days ago)

I have an issue when I deploy my application using the FtpDLX.NET component. I get an OutOfMemoryException with the following stack trace:
at System.Web.Security.Roles.Initialize()
at System.Web.Security.RoleManagerModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

It appears unrelated to the FtpDLX.NET component. However, if I remove the FtpDLX.NET component DLL from my bin folder, everything works fine. Replace the DLL in the bin folder and I get an OutOfMemoryException again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc

Re: OutOfMemoryException

by woddrazen, Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:12 (5646 days ago) @ mbutenko

Hi Marc,

I'm not sure how could wodFtpDLX.NET produce such problem. Which line produce such problem?

Can you show us wodFtpDLX.NET code you are using in your project?

Regards,
Drazen

by mbutenko, Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:42 (5646 days ago) @ woddrazen

There is no specific line. The error occurs when the web application first starts up, before it even gets to a page.

There was a similar posting before with the SSH component
here. That never seemed to be resolved.

I might be able to work up an example, but it uses a custom Role provider for Oracle and custom membership provider that will make it difficult to repro in another environment.

Could this possibly be because the component was not actually installed on the server, but merely put in the bin folder?

by woddrazen, Monday, November 10, 2008, 21:27 (5646 days ago) @ mbutenko

Marc,

Maybe installing on that machine component will solve your problem.

It would be grate if you can send us something that will duplicate your problem on our side.

Drazen

by mbutenko, Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 17:37 (5644 days ago) @ woddrazen

I have created a project that will reproduce the problem. It seems that the problem occurs when the following conditions are met:
-ASP.NET application
-Role management enabled - I am using custom role management, but I don't think this is required. Seems to be any role management
-FtpDlx.NET assembly in application bin folder

Where can I send the project I created?

Marc

by woddrazen, Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 17:42 (5644 days ago) @ mbutenko

Marc,

Please send it to:
techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen