using smtp - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

using smtp (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by jh&jc, Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 23:14 (5946 days ago)

Hi, purchased the .net sFTP, got it work but i ran into a hitch on what i'm using it for... Server A has the .net 2.0 app :: Server B has a smtp queue folder for sending email.

I programically create an email and sFtp it to the queue folder on Server B. It does not send. If i use a third party software product to emulate the transfer it works.

Now from what i understand the smtp queue folder will send anything instantly placed in that folder. I'm guessing that there is a stream difference in using a software to manually do the job as aposed to the dll method. I'm guessing that the queue folder is trying to the send the email before it is completly sftped over... any suggstion on what to do? any thoughts? Is there a way to lock the folder so that you can send all the files and unlock, i'm think that filezilla is doing that, any methods or properties to lock a folder?? maybe im not even close to the correct assumption, please reply.. thanks

Re: using smtp

by wodDamir, Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 23:20 (5946 days ago) @ jh&jc

Hi,

I don't think that's the problem. Did you successfully upload a file to server? Can you verify that the file is on the server?

Regards,
Damba

by jh&jc, Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 23:36 (5946 days ago) @ wodDamir

here's what happens. i am using the Upload and download CS sample code from All samples solution.

when i try to upload a file into the smtp pickup folder, the progress bar doesn't even move.

but when i try to upload a file into a subdirectory in that smtp pickup folder, the progress bar moves and the file gets uploaded.

any ideas?

by wodDamir, Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 23:45 (5946 days ago) @ jh&jc

Hi,

Can you please provide me with exact path values(both local and remote) used in PutFile call? Do you receive any kind of errors?

Also, can you check the directory using ListDir method in order to verify if the file is there?

Regards,
Damba

by jh&jc, Thursday, January 24, 2008, 00:11 (5946 days ago) @ wodDamir

here's the issue, the pickup folder gets emptied right away, so there's no way i can check if the file is uploaded.

i just don't see the progress bar even moving. there's no error watsoever

by wodDamir, Thursday, January 24, 2008, 09:08 (5946 days ago) @ jh&jc

Hi,

Is there any chance we could connect to that server and try it out?

Perhaps we can find some solution if we could see directly what happens. If that's a possibility, can you please provide us with the login credentials? You can send any private information to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Regards,
Damba