Batch Update - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Batch Update (wodHttpDLX)

by Skc, Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 09:28 (6060 days ago)

I intend to read my windows Database and using wodHttpDLX's post method to update a Web-based form/database with corresponding data. This will be a batch run. I have 2 questions:

(1) Is it better to let post method do the auto-connection or is it better to explicitly do a Connect once, then at end of batch run, to do a Disconnect?

(2) SInce this is a batch run that will run after working hours, if there are any errors displayed by wodHttpDLX - will there be any problem, and is there a way to write the error messages to a Text file that can be viewed when it is finished?

Thank you
Skc

Re: Batch Update

by wodDamir, Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 09:33 (6060 days ago) @ Skc

Hi Skc,

1) It totally depends on you. When you call Post it will connect, do whatever it is indended to be done, and then disconnect.

2) Not by the component itself (except for the debugfile, but i don't reccomend it as it could get huge). You can use the implemented functions for that purpose, like FileSystemObject in VB.

Hope I helped.

Regards,
Damba

by Skc, Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 09:46 (6060 days ago) @ wodDamir

Regarding the question (1), there may be, example 500 records that need to be POST 1 by 1 via wodHttpDLX. So if I do a 1-time Connect first before this batch update, will it be more efficient?

by wodDamir, Tuesday, October 02, 2007, 10:01 (6060 days ago) @ Skc

Skc,

We haven't performed that kind of tests. However i assume it would, since you'd skip each connection process, but i'm not sure if it's going to be significant.

Regards,
Damba