Using wodAppUpdate to update wodAppUpdate - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Using wodAppUpdate to update wodAppUpdate (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by MGN, Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 09:13 (6187 days ago)

What is necessary in order to update the wodAppUpdate dll in my application from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 using wodAppUpdate ?

Do I need to recompile my .exe against the new DLL ?
Do I need to use the Register command in the configuration file ?
Are there any dependencies on other files that need to be updated ?
Do I need to use the Path command with SYSTEM or will the DLL find it's way into the System32 folder automatically ?

An example of the configuration file entry to update wodAppUpdate would be very useful [:smile:]

Re: Using wodAppUpdate to update wodAppUpdate

by wodDamir, Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 12:09 (6187 days ago) @ MGN

Hi,

What is necessary in order to update the wodAppUpdate dll in my application from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 using wodAppUpdate ?

Do I need to recompile my .exe against the new DLL ?
Do I need to use the Register command in the configuration file ?
Are there any dependencies on other files that need to be updated ?
Do I need to use the Path command with SYSTEM or will the DLL find it's way into the System32 folder automatically ?

An example of the configuration file entry to update wodAppUpdate would be very useful [:smile:]

Let me try and answer all the questions:

1. No, you don't need to recompile the .exe when you update to the newer version of .dll.
2. You do need to use Register command, as it determines if whether the .dll will be registered on the local machine or not. In this case we do, so this is necessary.
3. No other files needs to be updated.
4. The component will try to search for the file and set the Path automatically.

You can find an example of the config file here: http://www.weonlydo.com/AppUpdate/test/AppUpdate.txt

If you wish to try it on your own, you can use the link provided in our samples which come included into our installation package.

Also, once the update is executed for the first time, you will have to set ReplaceRule to alwaysReplace in order to successfully run the sample again. This is neccessary because the component at that time will already be the latest version.

I just want to remind you that the file which will be downloaded is a Demo version, so in case you own a licensed version you will be prompted with a nag screen.

Regards,
Damba