how can I get data in STDMETHODIMP CwodTelnetNotif - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

how can I get data in STDMETHODIMP CwodTelnetNotif (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by brucewyg, Tuesday, April 03, 2007, 09:08 (6243 days ago)

I want to use the component and down load the evaluation version of wodtelnetDLX
And I want use the event method. but when I want to get the data in STDMETHODIMP CwodTelnetNotify::XNotify::Received(), I don't known the method(in your sample).
I test the method CString str = ((IwodTelnetDLXCom *)m_pCtrl)->Peek() and Received(), but they all crashed.
I wish you can help me. If it can work, I want to get the new version.

Re: how can I get data in STDMETHODIMP CwodTelnetN

by wodDamir, Tuesday, April 03, 2007, 09:29 (6243 days ago) @ brucewyg

Hi,

Did you try out our samples which came with the component?

Did they work? I believe they could help you get started.

Regards,
Damba

by brucewyg, Tuesday, April 03, 2007, 09:38 (6243 days ago) @ wodDamir

I get it. It works(2 Consample), but I want use the event to tell the UI(not the active X) to update. I don't want to use the Block mode to get data.
and the sample of ActiveXSimple, I don't know how to get the data in void CSimpleDlg::OnReceivedWodtelnetdlx1(short ByteCount, BOOL FAR* Handled) function either.

Hi,

Did you try out our samples which came with the component?

Did they work? I believe they could help you get started.

Regards,
Damba

by wodSupport, Tuesday, April 03, 2007, 13:52 (6243 days ago) @ brucewyg

Bruce,

you make windows-app, right? If it's console app then you must use blocking mode since component cannot work asynchronously in the same thread as your console-related code.

What kind of app are you making?

Kreso

by bruce, Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 11:38 (6242 days ago) @ wodSupport

It's a MFC application and I found the reason.
now I met a strage problem.
In my application, the CPU's number became to 100 when I first connect to the SSH server. But it is not ocur in my test application(a little app). And it will spend about 30s to connect.
I can't understand.
evaluation version's problem?
or it conflicts with other net control?

Bruce,

you make windows-app, right? If it's console app then you must use blocking mode since component cannot work asynchronously in the same thread as your console-related code.

What kind of app are you making?

Kreso

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 11:58 (6242 days ago) @ bruce

Hi Bruce,

We don't have that kind of limitation in DEMO version.

Are you sure that CPU usage is coming from wodTelnetDLX? Let's isolate your problem. Can you maybe make application that will just use woldTelnetDLX and try it out, what is result?

If problem is same you can zip and send that application to techsupport@weonlydo.com so we can run it our side and duplicate it.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by bruce, Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 15:10 (6242 days ago) @ woddrazen

Oh, thanks a lot.
My application is too large, I has wrote a test application and it works well. but i copy the code to my application, it works long time at the first time when it is opened. The second time, it works well too.
I set the block mode TRUE and found that the Connect funtion made the CPU 100 and spend about 20 seconds. it puzzeld me.
Maybe I forget to set something?
I use SSH1 with cisco router.

Hi Bruce,

We don't have that kind of limitation in DEMO version.

Are you sure that CPU usage is coming from wodTelnetDLX? Let's isolate your problem. Can you maybe make application that will just use woldTelnetDLX and try it out, what is result?

If problem is same you can zip and send that application to techsupport@weonlydo.com so we can run it our side and duplicate it.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by woddrazen, Wednesday, April 04, 2007, 15:21 (6242 days ago) @ bruce

Bruce,

Everything works correct in single wodTelnetDLX application and aren't working when you put it in your application?

Can you show us maybe your wodTelnetDLX code snippet?

Drazen

by bruce, Thursday, April 05, 2007, 08:05 (6241 days ago) @ woddrazen

Yes, my test application working well too.
And I use the code of the Console Sample with events sample.
but the problem ocur in the first connection when the application is opened and work well after the first connection until the application is opened again. even i call it directly in the application. I can't found the reason.

Bruce,

Everything works correct in single wodTelnetDLX application and aren't working when you put it in your application?

Can you show us maybe your wodTelnetDLX code snippet?

Drazen

by wodDamir, Thursday, April 05, 2007, 09:09 (6241 days ago) @ bruce

Bruce,

It's hard to say what's wrong without looking at the code. You say that our samples work as expected, but when you copy that code to your app, then the problem occurs.

Can you please send your test application over here at [mail=techsupport@weonlydo.com]techsupport@weonlydo.com[/mail]?

Regards,
Damba

by bruce, Friday, April 06, 2007, 05:49 (6240 days ago) @ wodDamir

Because our application is a large system and I can't isolate it to send. and my little test application works well.
I analysis the packet of net. I found that the packet (client:session key) wait for a long time after the packet(server:public key) is received. It only ocur in the first time when the application is opened.
I think it maybe confict with our control, can you tell me that the connect function's working in between (server:public key and client:session key) , messages , threads or others?
thanks a lot.

Bruce,

It's hard to say what's wrong without looking at the code. You say that our samples work as expected, but when you copy that code to your app, then the problem occurs.

Can you please send your test application over here at [mail=techsupport@weonlydo.com]techsupport@weonlydo.com[/mail]?

Regards,
Damba

by wodSupport, Friday, April 06, 2007, 23:59 (6239 days ago) @ bruce

Bruce,

I am not sure if I can easily explain what happens in that code. We should really try to duplicate this somehow - do you have installer for your app we could run here?

What we could, in theory, blindly do is add some debug info to SSH packets and send such version to you, so that you would run it and we could pinpoint part of the component where problems occur. Does this sound better? If so, please report to techsupport@weonlydo.com so we can reply with such version of wodTelnetDLX. We will most probably have to repeat whole process for few times until exact line is isolated.

Kreso