Cannot use the mapped drives when the application - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Cannot use the mapped drives when the application (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Ramesh, Friday, October 20, 2006, 03:02 (6419 days ago)

I have built a windows application using the SSHD server component. The application works fine with the HomeDir set as a directory on the C Drive and the service is started using the LocalService account or my Account. I am able to use the SCP and SFTP client from the Unix machine.

When I change the HomeDir to access a Shared Drive then I get an error and the connection fails. My id has administrator rights on the machine and also has full access to the drive. I tried to start the service with my ID and The Network Service still no luck.

Instead of using the mapped driver letter I also tried to use the UNC name and still the same problem.

When I run the application as a standalone system I am able to use the Shared Drive without any problem.

Can you please help out.

Thanks
Ramesh

Re: Cannot use the mapped drives when the applicat

by Ramesh, Friday, October 20, 2006, 03:54 (6419 days ago) @ Ramesh

This is the error I get.

Couldn't canonicalise: Failure
Need cwd

by wodDamir, Thursday, November 02, 2006, 10:16 (6406 days ago) @ Ramesh

Ramesh,

The problem is probably that LocalSystem doesn't have access to network shares. That is probably why it does work under your Administrator account.

You should try setting the service to run as your administrator account in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services , select your service and in properties under Log On select This Account and anter your account info.

I believe that should work.

Regards,
Damba

by Ramesh, Thursday, November 02, 2006, 15:03 (6405 days ago) @ wodDamir

Thanks for the Info. I tried that and would still not work. Then I had to map the drive using the API inside the program before I use the drive and it works fine.