SFTP Server rejects authentication ... - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

SFTP Server rejects authentication ... (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Shailendra, Thursday, April 07, 2005, 17:08 (6969 days ago)

Hi all,

I am using wodSFTP API with VB6 for deveoping a SFTP Download Application and am facing some problems regarding the same. Its kinda urgent and i need to solve this asap.

I will try and explain you the scenario ...

I have a Linux box ( Red Hat 9 with Fedora core ) with SFTP to which my VB6 Application connects and downloads files from. The authentication takes place using .ssh public / private keys.

The folder from which the application downloads the files is actually a MOUNT POINT. This MOUNT POINT is linked with the remote Share on another system where the files are kept.

The SFTP box has a user called entuser ( Member of ROOT Group ) whose homepath is set to the download folder ( inside the MOUNT POINT called enterprise ) i.e. /home/apps/fileset/enterprise where fileset is the mount point which is linked to //filer/filesets share.

In normal circumstances when i mount the remote share on the SFTP Linux Box, the fileset & its children folders gets drwxr_xr_x permissions.
And the SFTP User can login and download files without any problems.

In a scenario, i needed the SFTP Users to delete the files after downloading. Since the MOUNT is done by root, it was not possible for the entuser to delete the files after downloading.

So i mounted the //filer/filesets on /home/apps/fileset, using SMBMOUNT with fmask=0775 & dmask=0775 so that all the files and folders get a WRITE Permission for the Group of ROOT i.e. drwxrwxr_x.

At this point the SFTP Server started rejecting the authentication of the entuser. Though i am able to authenticate, download and delete files from SSH Client / Linux SSH from other systems.

I hope i have explained the scenario clearly ...

I am trying to find out if the process of mounting the share using fmask & dmask OR smbmount is making any difference OR is there any other issue with this.

Please let me know if you anybody has faced a similar problem and have any solution for this ...

Thanks in advance,
Shailendra

Re: SFTP Server rejects authentication ...

by wodSupport, Thursday, April 07, 2005, 20:02 (6969 days ago) @ Shailendra

Shailendra,

did you try to connect with some other client, such as Putty? If it fails then we're sure problem is at the server side.