Error 30015 when using Public Key(RSA) Authenticat - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Error 30015 when using Public Key(RSA) Authenticat (General questions)

by Neil McCarthy, Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 15:42 (6997 days ago)

wodSFTP version 2.1.0.7 has been working beautifully for over a year now, built into a VB6 executable. However, the company that supports the server have rebuilt the server and all hell has broken loose.

Now, whether I use the old keys or create new ones, I always get a 30015 - Invalid Username or Password error when connecting which I don't understand as I'm not using password authentication.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

If anyone would like more info......please don't hesitate to ask.....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Error 30015 when using Public Key(RSA) Authent

by wodSupport, Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 16:25 (6997 days ago) @ Neil McCarthy

Neil,

this is the same error for 'public authentication failed', sort of :) Anyway, did you paste public key on the server to appropriate file?

Did you manage to connect with any other SSH client using publickey authentication?

by Neil McCarthy, Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 12:17 (6996 days ago) @ wodSupport

The F-Secure GUI client is also installed on the machine which works fine with keys generated by itself but not with wodSFTP generated keys. Also, the wodSFTP keys don't work with F-Secure.

The private key is located in the installation folder of the application that uses wodSFTP and explicitly referenced in the code (path and file name). The public key resides in Drive:user.ssh2 and is referenced in the authorization file on the server in the same manner as the F-Secure keys. It's all very confusing! :(

I have tried reregistering the dll to no effect and rebooting the servers at both ends.

Neil,

this is the same error for 'public authentication failed', sort of :) Anyway, did you paste public key on the server to appropriate file?

Did you manage to connect with any other SSH client using publickey authentication?

[code][/code]

by wodSupport, Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 12:23 (6996 days ago) @ Neil McCarthy

Any chance you could send us such key to techsupport@weonlydo.com so we can try?