external storage of SFTP public-key authentication - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

external storage of SFTP public-key authentication (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Dennis Griesser, Friday, February 04, 2005, 03:11 (7029 days ago)

We have used your SFTP component with good results for a couple of years. Our product is written in PowerBuilder. Now we are trying to add public-key authentication. This question concerns use of the WeOnlyDo.Keys object. I'm not up to an actual SFTP yet.

I can instantiate the WeOnlyDo.Keys object in PowerBuilder. I can get it to Generate() keys. I can use Save() to export the keys.

But I want to do my own key storage by accessing the PrivateKey(KeyType) property.

Question #1 - The PublicKey property is read-only. If I assign a value to PrivateKey, will the corresponding PublicKey be generated? If not, how are we supposed to persist keys across sessions (without writing to a file)?

Question #2 - I am unable to get meaningful data from PrivateKey. If I Generate(DSA) and examine PrivateKey(RSA), I get an exception (good; that particular key type has no value). If I Generate(DSA) and examine PrivateKey(DSA), I get back a string (good) that has zero-length (bad).

[The environment is PowerBuilder 8.0.2, using your latest trial download of wodSFTP.exe, 2.2.1.]

Complete thread: