MVS server support - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

MVS server support (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by condev1972, Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 17:34 (6408 days ago)

Dear WOD support,

I'm using Delphi 5 Ent. and current FtpDLX COM object DLL for development. Both mine and my customer's machine run WinXP SP2.

That customer is using MVS as FTP host with partitioned datasets (directories), i.e. directory names look like
'LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR' (with the quotes!).

The log (generated by my application) shows after login for retrieving
the directory listing on his machine (regular FTP protocol):

LIST -al 'LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR': 550 No data sets found.
No data sets found. (40550)

The above directory should show many files; the FTP components we previously used (non-WOD) did just use LIST without parameters and that worked fine with that (Login->CWD->LIST).

Working with MVS and partitioned datasets is somewhat strange compared to usual servers as a valid directory name looks like 'username.dir.name', e.g. S123456.LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR .
So normally after having logged in, the working directory is first S123456. (note the dot). Then the old FTP does CWD 'LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR' and then LIST .

My code uses a command like this: wFtp.ListDir (wFtp.RemotePath); with RemotePath being 'LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR' (sinle-quotes are required on that MVS).
Is it possible that internally a CWD RemotePath is missing before issuing the LIST -al command or something? I'm lost here.

In the meantime (while writing this message) I got confirmation from my customer that the command by WodFTP returns a Invalid command :
LIST -al 'LIB2.COR.XXX1.MYDIR'

I think the -al does not work on MVS, so I assume that I need to set ListParams to an empty string after login??

Please advise on what I would need to check or change.

Best regards,
Tobias

Complete thread: