Re: PutFile error 30023 - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: PutFile error 30023 (General questions)

by jz1, Friday, June 30, 2006, 20:35 (6530 days ago) @ wodDamir

I've tried a few more things and here is what I know. It looks like a timing issue with the Progress event. I am transferring files in non-blocking mode and I'm using the COM event sink model. My event sink is based on your sample code in SamplesVCATLConsoleAppConsoleApp.cpp. I'm using Visual Studio .Net 2003 C++.

The parameters passed to the last Progress event shows that all bytes have been transferred, but then the Done event is fired with error code 30023. The file does actually show up on the FTP server correctly. I found two work-arounds. The first is to Sleep for a short time in the Progress event handler. This is what makes me think it is a timing issue. The second is to check the number of bytes transferred in the Progress event and if they are the same as the total number of bytes, ignore the error passed to the Done event.

The error code is not consistently generated. It seems to happen more frequently with older or heavily-loaded IIS 5.1 machines. It rarely happens when sending to a Debian Linux ProFTPD 1.3.0 machine.

I hope this helps.

Joe

Complete thread: