Services.Unregister() Issue - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Services.Unregister() Issue (General questions)

by wodXMPPUser, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 12:49 (4372 days ago)

Hello, I am very pleased with how your COM object is architected. If I can get these two issues resolved I will be buying several licenses.

1. Even if I call Service.Unregister(), the next time the user logs in they will still be registered with the Service.

2. In your IM sample (and my own project) if I call Service.Register() for Yahoo, for example, the yahoo account will appear online in Yahoo Messenger for only a few seconds and then dissapear offline. No messages can be sent to any yahoo contacts. These messages are simply reflected back to me.

Thanks very much!

Re: Services.Unregister() Issue

by wodDamir, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 13:03 (4372 days ago) @ wodXMPPUser

Hi,

What happens if you call RemoveAll for Services object after calling Unregister? Also, are you sure that service isn't unregistered, but only contacts remain?

As for your second question, this might be related to server you're using. Did you try any other XMPP client? Does it work correctly with the same service?

Regards,
Damba

by wodXMPPUser, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 15:36 (4371 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

What happens if you call RemoveAll for Services object after calling Unregister? Also, are you sure that service isn't unregistered, but only contacts remain?

As for your second question, this might be related to server you're using. Did you try any other XMPP client? Does it work correctly with the same service?

Regards,
Damba

by wodXMPPUser, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 15:37 (4371 days ago) @ wodXMPPUser

Hi,

-Yes, because when they service is Unregistered the contacts from that service dissapear. The Registered field of the Service object remains set to true the next time the user logs on, and the contacts do not return. Using RemoveAll does not change the fact that the Service remains Registered every time the user logs on.

-I tried using the Pandion client with the same server and it worked perfectly. I could register and unregister with transports with no issues.

Thanks!

by wodDamir, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 16:17 (4371 days ago) @ wodXMPPUser

Hi,

Can you tell me what version of component you use? You can check this by looking at Version property.

Also, is there any chance we could reproduce this? Can we connect to the same server and check this out?

Regards,
Damba

by wodXMPPUser, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 16:33 (4371 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

Can you tell me what version of component you use? You can check this by looking at Version property.

Also, is there any chance we could reproduce this? Can we connect to the same server and check this out?

Regards,
Damba

Version: DEMO 1.4.8.195
Test server: imtestbed001.p1.im
User: test9
Pwd: *******

by woddrazen, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 16:52 (4371 days ago) @ wodXMPPUser

Hi,

For some reason I cannot connect to your server. Can you maybe show us some code snippet how you connect there?

Drazen

by wodXMPPUser, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 17:58 (4371 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

For some reason I cannot connect to your server. Can you maybe show us some code snippet how you connect there?

Drazen

[code]
public static string PerformLoginWithCredentials(string userName, string password, bool registerNew)
{
xmppPipe.Login = userName;
xmppPipe.Password = password;
xmppPipe.Register = registerNew;
xmppPipe.Connect(null);
return userName;
}
[/code]

The username is test9@imtestbed001.p1.im, the server is independently hosted and publicly accessible.

Thanks

by woddrazen, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 23:40 (4371 days ago) @ wodXMPPUser

Hi,

This should be fixed. Can you please request update and try it again?

Please use this code to unregister yahoo service
[code] wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Login = yahoo_ID@yahoo.com
wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Password = yahoo_password
wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Unregister[/code]
Let us know how it goes.

Drazen

by wodXMPPUser, Thursday, May 17, 2012, 09:03 (4371 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

This should be fixed. Can you please request update and try it again?

Please use this code to unregister yahoo service
[code] wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Login = yahoo_ID@yahoo.com
wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Password = yahoo_password
wodXMPP1.Services( yahoo.hosted.im ).Unregister[/code]
Let us know how it goes.

Drazen

Looks great, thanks for the quick response! I am going to be testing the file transfer functionality next!