File size grows when POST UPLOAD (wodHttp) - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

File size grows when POST UPLOAD (wodHttp) (General questions)

by ihutee, Monday, May 14, 2012, 09:12 (4374 days ago)

I am using wodHttp to create personal t.w.i.t.t.e.r. accounts and edit the profiles with related images. The file size GROWS as I upload images. Even after I clear the http.request.formpost. I assume its because it loads the picture into the memory.

I've used the http.request.formpost.removeall command which removes all the data. MY problem is it stays somewhere floating in the memory. So now my program that only uses 10 megs of ram, after running for say 1 hour.. It is 500 megs.

I know it is 100 related to uploading images. I have it as active-x on my form. Should I UNLOAD HTTP after each end/successful use?

Re: File size grows when POST UPLOAD (wodHttp)

by wodDamir, Monday, May 14, 2012, 09:53 (4374 days ago) @ ihutee

Hi,

What version of wodHttpDLX do you use?

If you do unload HttpDLX does it help?

Regards,
Damba

by ihutee, Monday, May 14, 2012, 18:37 (4374 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi,

What version of wodHttpDLX do you use?

If you do unload HttpDLX does it help?

Regards,
Damba

I'm in early 1.6.* range my license expired. But there doesn't appear to be any adjustments to this in all the updates.

Even if I unload the actual component the file size is still large.

It's like it holds the file in memory once you do addfile method. If you just upload anything even a song/mp3 the file stays in the memory which is a huge issue for people who upload 10,000 pictures etc.

I'm using vb6. My exe starts off as 10 megs of ram and ends up being 300 / 400 after all the uploading.

by woddrazen, Monday, May 14, 2012, 19:04 (4374 days ago) @ ihutee

Hi,

You can try to remove also Headers and Body on each request.
[code]wodHttp1.Request.Headers.RemoveAll
wodHttp1.Request.Body = [/code]
if that doesn't help, it would be good that you preform test with latest 1.7.8.196 version of wodHttpDLX. You can try DEMO version from our website.

In that case please backup somewhere your old licensed version.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by Chute, Monday, May 14, 2012, 23:26 (4373 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

You can try to remove also Headers and Body on each request.
[code]wodHttp1.Request.Headers.RemoveAll
wodHttp1.Request.Body = [/code]
if that doesn't help, it would be good that you preform test with latest 1.7.8.196 version of wodHttpDLX. You can try DEMO version from our website.

In that case please backup somewhere your old licensed version.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Drazen

I dont have a way to backup my old license unfortunately.

I've set the body to vbnullstring and set it to with no luck. Cleared the headers / request and nothing. This is beyond frustrating...

by woddrazen, Monday, May 14, 2012, 23:35 (4373 days ago) @ Chute

Hi,

Is there any chance you can send us some simple sample that will duplicate your issue? So we can try to reproduce it on our side.

You can send it to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen

by ihutee, Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 06:42 (4373 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

Is there any chance you can send us some simple sample that will duplicate your issue? So we can try to reproduce it on our side.

You can send it to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Drazen

I have put together a simple multi socket example. I do not want to use BLOCKING as it does not work correctly for me. I array the threads. This only has an issue when it UPLOADS pictures.

Do you have skype? I would love to talk FASTER then this.

by woddrazen, Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 09:22 (4373 days ago) @ ihutee

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't provide such support. We will try to answer to your questions as faster as we can.

Drazen

by ihutee, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 01:18 (4372 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't provide such support. We will try to answer to your questions as faster as we can.

Drazen

So I sent my project in but tell them they need to UNCHECK the PROXY option so you can make the accounts off basic connection.

Also I received atleast 8+ different tickets (all automated responses) so I don't know which one to view...

AGAIN PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY UNCHECK THE USE PROXY OPTION AS I DID NOT PROVIDE PROXIES.

by ihutee, Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 01:25 (4372 days ago) @ ihutee

Hi,

Drazen

Also,

http://www.weonlydo.com/HttpDLX/Help/wodHttpDLX-HttpRequestFormPost-RemoveAll.html

Remarks
This method clears all variables from HttpRequestFormPost object. It does NOT remove 'Content-type' header that was already setup by wodHttpDLX! Could this be the issue?