Installer freezing - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Installer freezing (General questions)

by RichB, Tuesday, September 06, 2011, 18:04 (4638 days ago)

Hi,

I'm considering using wodFTP for a project, so downloaded the trial installer. However, it gets to the Creating Shortcuts stage of the installer, then sits there for a long time (perhaps 20 minutes) before another dialog pops up saying: Installer is no longer responding .

I've clicked the retry button, but the same happens again.
I'm on XP with a corporate laptop.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Installer freezing

by woddrazen, Tuesday, September 06, 2011, 19:17 (4638 days ago) @ RichB

Hi Richard,

I just tried to duplicate your problem but on my side installer worked without any issue. I didin't received any freeze. I'm testing on Windows XP SP3. We didn't have such report in past.

Do you have some firewall or maybe something similar that could block installer? Can you maybe disable it and try it again?

Also, did you download component from our website (www.weonlydo.com)? IF problem persist can you maybe try to install it on some other machine?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by RichB, Tuesday, September 06, 2011, 19:27 (4638 days ago) @ woddrazen

It's a corporate laptop (with the usual corporate crapware). However, I'm told we have a site license for wodSFTP, so at least some people here must be able to install it.

And yes I downloaded from your website.

by woddrazen, Tuesday, September 06, 2011, 19:34 (4638 days ago) @ RichB

Richard,

Is there any chance you can try it out on some other machine?

In my test it works and we didn't have such report that component installer freeze.

Drazen

by RichB, Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 10:37 (4637 days ago) @ woddrazen

After a reboot it installed quickly and smoothly.

Thanks

by woddrazen, Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 13:59 (4637 days ago) @ RichB

Richard,

Excellent! If you find any issue using our component, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help you.

Drazen