Keep alive server needed? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Keep alive server needed? (General questions)

by lwc5202, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 06:19 (4784 days ago)

Hello,

Do I need keep alive server? For the singling the other peer to connect, can I just use one instant for communication purpose and let server inform one end to connect? Is there any way I can what is my IP and port which I can let the other end know where it can connect?

Thanks a lot

David Chiang

Re: Keep alive server needed?

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 08:57 (4784 days ago) @ lwc5202

Hi David,

Why not simply set RetryCount and interval for Searching when not connected?

That way component would Search for other peer for the specified amount times / period. Once found, connection would be established.

Did you try using our samples? Perhaps they would help and give you a quick start. Can you try them out?

Regards,
Damba

by lwc5202, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 09:05 (4784 days ago) @ wodDamir

Hi David,

Why not simply set RetryCount and interval for Searching when not connected?

That way component would Search for other peer for the specified amount times / period. Once found, connection would be established.

Did you try using our samples? Perhaps they would help and give you a quick start. Can you try them out?

Regards,
Damba

Hello, Damba

Meaning keep alive server is not needed? If not needed how can the other end know do to the Search and do the connected?

Thanks

David Chiang

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 09:44 (4784 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

It can search indefinitely when component's state is Disconnected. However, Search is only possible if you know the remote peer's ID.

In other scenario you would need some other way of mediation . Wippien is using XMPP protocol for this purpose. Once someone comes online, wodVPN does the search for the contacts seen as online on the contact list.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Damba

by lwc5202, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:08 (4784 days ago) @ wodDamir

David,

It can search indefinitely when component's state is Disconnected. However, Search is only possible if you know the remote peer's ID.

In other scenario you would need some other way of mediation . Wippien is using XMPP protocol for this purpose. Once someone comes online, wodVPN does the search for the contacts seen as online on the contact list.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Damba

Damba,

Can I develpment a project base on Wippien? Wippien mention that anyone can get the source code from them. What language does Wippien used?

Best regards

David

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:58 (4784 days ago) @ lwc5202

David,

You could. However, you'd need source licenses of those three components in order to be able to compile and use it successfully since they're linked.

Wippien, as well as all of our ActiveX components is written in VC.

Regards,
Damba