VPN channels usage - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

VPN channels usage (wodVPN)

by Preeti, Thursday, October 16, 2008, 15:38 (5672 days ago)

Hi there,
I have some query for channel usage.
m not getting perfectly the working of channels. I have gone through the SDK documentation theoretically. AS per sdk documentation through channels, traffic can be forwarded. Can you please give some explanation for practically usage?

My qs are
1. we are adding channels once connection is established between two peers. please let me know how to add channel ?
For eg peer1 - 196.192.136.3 port 1234
peer2 - 192.192.156.9 port 5678
if we connect this above two peers. now if want to add channel at peer1 then what should be the correct values for local ip/port and remote ip/port (that is arguments for adding channel function)

2. How can we add users in this channel ?

Thanks
Preeti

Re: VPN channels usage

by woddrazen, Thursday, October 16, 2008, 16:02 (5672 days ago) @ Preeti

Hi Preeti,

For forwarding port 1234 from peer1(196.192.136.3) to peer2(192.192.156.9) on port 5678 you need to do following.

If you are using our sample 1.Simple. In peer2 add for Listen on IP:127.0.0.1 on port:5678 for redirect to IP:127.0.0.1 to port:1234

you should do that after you successfully connected two peers.

Here is code snippet for Peer2 how to make channel:

[code]wodVPN1.Channels.Add TCPLocalListen, 127.0.0.1 , 5678, 127.0.0.1 , 1234[/code]

Can you maybe explain little bit more how you want to add user to channel? I'm not sure that I understand what exactly you want to do.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

by Preeti, Thursday, October 16, 2008, 16:34 (5672 days ago) @ woddrazen

Thanks for quick response.

Here is what we need practically, per our theoretical understanding of channels, from SDK documentation.

We want to be able to serve multiple incoming peers simultaneously, while keeping SINGLE INSTANCE of wodVPN created at port X [which is registered with Mediator with particular port, so all intended peers get port X to connect to our instance peer].

We think - we should be able to use this wodVPN instance as HUB, that it accepts incoming connections at port X, and immediately upon successful connection, asks the user to forward this communication [between our peer and newly connected user] to port Y, from that point onwards; so port X is again free, for more incoming connection requests.

We would like to know, is this possible to achieve above mentioned flow, with wodVPN [SINGLE INSTANCE] and Channels [MULTIPLE - 1 per connected peer at a time].?

Please advise.

If you think there is any other alternate to achieve above, please send us the steps at EACH end - i.e. accepting peer, mediator, intending peer(s) - to be able to have above flow.

Thanks.
Preeti

by wodDamir, Thursday, October 16, 2008, 18:01 (5672 days ago) @ Preeti

Preeti,

Unfortunately, that approach can't be used since once two peers connect, a port will be used on the system. Even if you pass that instance to some other, the same port is still used, and can't be changed since otherwise remote peer wouldn't be aware of port change.

Please check the following link:

http://www.weonlydo.com/index.asp?forum=1&action=view&topic=1223654085

There is already a sample using mediator to connect 2 clients to one machine.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Damba