FTPDlx + PKA...Not Working - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

FTPDlx + PKA...Not Working (General questions)

by Anyz, Friday, November 26, 2004, 08:44 (7101 days ago)

Hi,

I have setup wod ftp server and ftpdlx components on win2000 server to work fine with FTP protocol and Password authentication. I need to check PKA(Public Key Authentication) with FTP protocol. For this i changed the Authentication property to authCertificate while protocol is FTP .

When ftpDLX tries to connect with server if failed and connected event is not fired and mehtod objFTP_Connected() is not called. Therefore no error could be reported.

Is it possible to use wodFTPServer with FTP protocol and PKA. Is there anything missing to configure?

Re: FTPDlx + PKA...Not Working

by wodSupport, Friday, November 26, 2004, 09:28 (7101 days ago) @ Anyz

Anyz,

are you saying no error was reported by wodFtpDLX at all?

Regarding publickey authentication - you must use SFTP or FTPS for this. Make sure on the server side you also set property Authentication, and hook up on LoginCertificate event on the server too.

by Anyz, Friday, November 26, 2004, 10:17 (7100 days ago) @ wodSupport

yeah when connect method is called not Conncted event fired. Status is just set to false.

I tried by setting protocol to SFTP but it didn't work even. Server is started properly with provided server.key file in wod samples. Client successfully loads its certificate (generated by wod sample) but when it tries to connect server it failed.
As i already said SFTP works fine, the problem is in using FTPS with PKA?

by Anyz, Friday, November 26, 2004, 12:10 (7100 days ago) @ Anyz

sorry for some typo in previous message.

On calling connect method, Conncted event is not fired and state is set to diconnected.

FTP Server is started properly with provided server.key file in wod samples. I have set protocol to FTPS. Client successfully loads its certificate (generated by wod sample) but when it tries to connect server it failed.

With SFTP both authentication methods (authpassword, authcertificate)works fine. With FTPS password authentication works but PKA is not working.

[/quote]

by wodSupport, Friday, November 26, 2004, 23:35 (7100 days ago) @ Anyz

Anyz,

I will try to create working sample for you that uses wodFtpDLX and wodFTPServer with AuthCertificate authentication and send it to you, is that ok? Please send me your email on techsupport@weonlydo.com

by wodSupport, Monday, November 29, 2004, 13:43 (7097 days ago) @ wodSupport

I sent you sample by email.

if anyone else needs it, I put it also online at

http://www.weonlydo.com/forum/files/WithFTPServer.zip