wodSFTP.NET connection timeout - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodSFTP.NET connection timeout (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by lighthouse10, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 22:36 (6150 days ago)

I have set the Blocking property of my SFTP object to true and was wondering how long the code will actually wait for a connection to be established. I assume that the code will not wait indefinitely. Is the Timeout property used when establishing the initial connection or some other internal value?

Thanks.

Re: wodSFTP.NET connection timeout

by woddrazen, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 22:44 (6150 days ago) @ lighthouse10

Hi,

Did you get maybe some error? Did you try to connect to that server with our samples in wodSFTP samples folder, what happened?

Timeout Property specify how many seconds should pass without any activity between client and server before wodSFTP will autodisconnect from server.

You can find more help for Timeout Property here:
http://www.weonlydo.com/SFTP/Help/wodSFTPLib~wodSFTP~Timeout.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Drazen

by lighthouse10, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 22:55 (6150 days ago) @ woddrazen

Hi Drazen-

Thanks for the quick response. I have not received any errors I'm simply trying to determine if I need to build in some sort of retry if it is possible for the initial connection attempt to fail because it has timed out due to a slow network. So I need to know if it is possible for the Connect method to fail because it has taken too long to connect to the sFTP server.

Thanks.

by woddrazen, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 23:00 (6150 days ago) @ lighthouse10

Hi,

You can increase Timeout value in Timeout Property or set Timeout to 0. If Timeout is set to 0 wodSFTP will not autodisconnect from server.

Please try it and let us know how it goes.

Drazen

by lighthouse10, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 23:03 (6150 days ago) @ woddrazen

Does this mean that the Timeout property is used when initially attempting to establish a connection?

by woddrazen, Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 23:09 (6150 days ago) @ lighthouse10

Yes it is used during wodSFTP.NET establishing connection and also after connection is established.

Drazen