any chance using privatekey without referencing We - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

any chance using privatekey without referencing We (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by warayuth, Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 16:14 (6319 days ago)

Because whenever I reference WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.dll my program will corrupt. error message is The specified module could not be found .

so I tried convert privatekey to byte then pass to SFTP.PrivateKey property then i got error Invalid key format or some thing similar.

is there any chance I can read the privateKey file then pass to SFTP.privatekey without using WeOnlyDo.Security.Cryptography.KeyManager.dll
I've read manual it does not provide alternative method.

Re: any chance using privatekey without referencin

by wodSupport, Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 16:18 (6319 days ago) @ warayuth

Warayuth,

perhaps this is a problem with missing MSVCR71.DLL?

http://www.weonlydo.com/index.asp?forum=1&action=view&topic=1152022139#1152027019

Kreso

by wodSupport, Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 19:09 (6319 days ago) @ wodSupport

One more question: how do you convert it to a byte? What exactly do you convert?

If you convert value of wodKeyManager.PrivateKey then it should actually work.

Kreso

by warayuth, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 04:13 (6318 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for fast support. I've fixed the problem by copy .dll to system32 folder. now it works.

thank you.

by warayuth, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 04:29 (6318 days ago) @ warayuth

One more question: how do you convert it to a byte? What exactly do you convert?

If you convert value of wodKeyManager.PrivateKey then it should actually work.

Kreso

I do not use keymanager component to convert.
what I do is read privateKey from file to filestream then use C# class(can't remember which one.it's somthing like ASCII.endcoding...) to convert to byte array. it didn't work and return error wrong key format

What I want to know is. Are there any way that developer can avoid using Keymanger to load/convert privatekey to byte array before passing it to privatekey properties in SFTP.

warayuth

by woddrazen, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 08:13 (6317 days ago) @ warayuth

Warayuth,

Unfortunately you must use wodKeysManager to load PrivateKey from file and pass it to wodSFTP.NET PrivateKey Property. Only wodKeyManager is able to decoede the key. wodSFTP has to receive it in appropriate format, as decoded by wodKeyManager.

Drazen