FTPServer keeps disconnecting - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

FTPServer keeps disconnecting (wodFTPServer)

by Amit, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 10:48 (6604 days ago)

Hi,

I'm running a simple SFTP server based on the SFTP sample provided with WodFTPServer. I've the Timeout property set to 0, but the server keeps diconnecting the client. I've tried both Bitvise Tunnelier and SSH Secure Shell as clients. The clients report Server disconnected without a disconnect message.

I looked through the forums and didn't find a solution. One of the posts stated that the client might not be responding to keep-alive .
http://www.weonlydo.com/index.asp?forum=1&action=view&topic=1104831396&p=1

How do I force the server not to send a keep-alive? Is this something that's needed in the SFTP protocol?

Also with the Disconnected event, it only returns a User object. Is there any way to get what caused the disconnect? Did the client request a disconnect? Did the server intitate a disconnect? If so why?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Amit :)

Re: FTPServer keeps disconnecting

by Amit, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 11:54 (6604 days ago) @ Amit

I just wanted to add that I'm able to use Dreamweaver without any issues. It never disconnects!

by wodAlan, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 13:22 (6604 days ago) @ Amit

Hi Amit,

Yes, you're right. I just tested with Tunnelier and Tunnelier is constantly disconnecting from server, even I activate keep alive .
Then I tried with WinSCP and everything worked just fine. I was testing about 1 hour, so I presume that wodFTP server works fine.
I was testing with sample which comes with package (3. SFTP) and I just added Timeout property and set it to 0.
Can you try with WinSCP?

Hope I helped.

Regards,
Alan

by wodSupport, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 14:03 (6604 days ago) @ wodAlan

Amit,

I don't understand your question completely. Why did you test Tunnelier and SSH clients which use some other service than SFTP (tunnelier = port forward, SSH client = console access)? wodFTPServer in SFTP mode will only allow SFTP subsystem requests, nothing else.

So, can you explain exactly how to duplicate your problem, what to put on one side, what to put on another side, and what to expect as result?

Thanks,
Kreso

by Amit, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 21:36 (6603 days ago) @ wodSupport

Kreso,

I've always used SSH Secure Shell to access SFTP servers. Secure Shell has a file transfer client in addition to the console access client. When using SSH Secure Shell, it's kind of flaky. I've been able to keep a connection open for really long and at other times it disconnects almost immedately. I tried Tunnelier only to check if it's a client issue or server issue. Tunnelier is also simple to run an SFTP-FTP tunnel. It has an auto-reconnect feature, but it keeps dropping the connection almost every minute. :(

Amit

by Amit, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 21:38 (6603 days ago) @ Amit

Alan,

I'll try WinSCP and let you know how it goes. Thanks,

Amit :)

by wodSupport, Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 21:39 (6603 days ago) @ Amit

Amit,

ok, can you give me some code to duplicate this? You use VB? Can you zip your project and send it over, and tell me what to do exactly do see the issue. If I can duplicate it - it usually means it's fixed immediately.

You can send it to techsupport@weonlydo.com

Kreso