How to specify encryption algorithm? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

How to specify encryption algorithm? (wodFTPServer)

by timster, Monday, January 30, 2006, 22:26 (6668 days ago)

Hi,

I can't figure out how to determine the encryption algorithms available, or how to specify specific encryption algorithm(s) that the FTPS server requires (in our case it is 256-bit AES).

I see that there is an cryptoinformation method that gets called during login attempt which might allow me to filter out unallowed algorithms (can I use it to detect 256-bit AES? How?), but I would MUCH prefer to configure the allowed encrtyption algorithm(s) in the server rather than letting the client choose.

Also, how do you specify 256-bit AES encryption in FtpDLX?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: How to specify encryption algorithm?

by wodDrazen, Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 01:12 (6668 days ago) @ timster

Hi Tim,

WodFTPServer has no Encryption Property in which you can modify encryption type but if you need that property we can upgrade it in wodSFTPServer component.
In wodFtpDLX you can specify only AES but not AES256 at this time,we can upgrade it too.

Hope I helped.

Regards,
Drazen

by timster, Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 01:30 (6668 days ago) @ wodDrazen

Hi Drazen,

Yes, please add support for setting the encryption in the wodSFTPServer. It would be best if we can specify which algorithms to allow when we initialize the component.

We need to support AES256, so please add this to wodFTPDLX also.

Thank you VERY MUCH!,
Tim

Hi Tim,

WodFTPServer has no Encryption Property in which you can modify encryption type but if you need that property we can upgrade it in wodSFTPServer component.
In wodFtpDLX you can specify only AES but not AES256 at this time,we can upgrade it too.

Hope I helped.

Regards,
Drazen

by wodSupport, Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 01:31 (6668 days ago) @ timster

Tim,

is that for SFTP or FTPS protocol?

Kreso

by timster, Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 17:27 (6667 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi,

Currently we need it for the FTPS protocol, but we may also need to support SFTP in the future.

I am using wodFtpDLX & wodFTPServer.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,

is that for SFTP or FTPS protocol?

Kreso

by wodSupport, Tuesday, February 07, 2006, 00:26 (6661 days ago) @ timster

Tim,

done. We have added those encryption options both to wodFtpDLX and wodFTPServer. Please request update if you're licensed user. Otherwise, download trial version again.

Kreso