PutFile only uploads 15K then freezes - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

PutFile only uploads 15K then freezes (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by hcr-manorcare, Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 16:29 (6699 days ago)

Hi - in inherited this app from someone who left my company. It worked fine for 8 months and now it has stopped.

I am using PutFile to place a file on a SFTP of a vendor and it freezes after 15K. Created a local SFTP and was able to duplicate the error adn tried moving different files and anything bigger than 15K gets truncated and I get the 'catch' the error, Timeout occurred due to inactivity .

Blocking is set to True. I got the error message after I set the timeout to 120, orginally it was set to 0 which cause the app to hang for over 2 hours.

Other info. VS2003 v1.1.
C# console app
WeOnlyDo.Client.SFTP.dll v2.0.0.8

Re: PutFile only uploads 15K then freezes

by wodSupport, Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 16:40 (6699 days ago) @ hcr-manorcare

Dear,

we didn't hear about such reports before, so I need something to duplicate it. You say you can duplicate it on your local environment? If so, can you zip that and send overhere to techsupport@weonlydo.com ?

If you can't send your project, can you try with our samples if they work, or change them so they don't work anymore, just like in your case?

BTW do you have the most recent version of wodSFTP.NET? If you don't, can you go and request update to
http://www.weonlydo.com/index.asp?update=1

Kreso

by Pratheep, Monday, February 27, 2006, 21:38 (6658 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi,

we dowloaded the sample SFTP ActiveX to evaluate the product. We were able to upload up to 22k anything larger than this it freezes.

- Pratheep

by wodSupport, Monday, February 27, 2006, 21:44 (6658 days ago) @ Pratheep

Pratheep,

this is different product than in above post.

Did you use our sample app, or something else? Do you know type of the server?

Kreso

by Pratheep, Monday, February 27, 2006, 23:06 (6658 days ago) @ wodSupport

Pratheep,

this is different product than in above post.

Did you use our sample app, or something else? Do you know type of the server?

Kreso

Thank you for quick reply. Sorry i did post in wrong forum. We are evaluating wodSFTP ActiveX and our sftp server is running on SunOS on AIX box. Let us know if you need any further details to look into this issue.

by wodSupport, Monday, February 27, 2006, 23:09 (6658 days ago) @ Pratheep

Pratheep,

you're most probably running OpenSSH on remote side, which I am 100 sure works with wodSFTP.

Is there any chance we could connect there and try it out?

Did you use our sample app for test?

Kreso

by Pratheep, Monday, February 27, 2006, 23:43 (6658 days ago) @ wodSupport

Pratheep,

you're most probably running OpenSSH on remote side, which I am 100 sure works with wodSFTP.

Is there any chance we could connect there and try it out?

Did you use our sample app for test?

Kreso

Hi kreso,

thx for your quick response. We used the sample asp file and deployed it to the server along with the DLL. we supplied the host name, user id and password and when accesses from the browser small file uploads are ok from the client browser - it only freezes for large files.

our requirement is to facilitate asynchronous file upload using SFTP from the browser client for multiple file uploads. we don't have a client installation for out application. also i was under the impression that if FTP upload fails it will start from where it left off. do you support that in your activeX version?

the server is behind the firewall and you won't be able to access it from outside. sorry. thx for your quick response.

by wodSupport, Monday, February 27, 2006, 23:46 (6658 days ago) @ Pratheep

Pratheep,

you're running it from ASP? Ok, can you paste your code here please. Can you please send email to techsupport@weonlydo.com, I'd like you to give you access to our test server and try to upload something there using same code, just to see if this is server side or client side issue.
As for resume upload - make sure you set Resume property to true.

Kreso

by Pratheep, Monday, February 27, 2006, 23:49 (6658 days ago) @ wodSupport

Pratheep,

you're running it from ASP? Ok, can you paste your code here please. Can you please send email to techsupport@weonlydo.com, I'd like you to give you access to our test server and try to upload something there using same code, just to see if this is server side or client side issue.
As for resume upload - make sure you set Resume property to true.

Kreso

Ok. I will send you a mail.