File Lock after disconnect and resume upload with - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

File Lock after disconnect and resume upload with (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by Shailendra, Tuesday, September 06, 2005, 13:31 (6812 days ago)

Hi All,

I belive this issue is fixed in the WODSFTP DLL but i am not able to find a solution.

Here's the Scenario.

I've the WODSFTP DLL Plugged in a VB6 Application. I connect to a OpenSSH Server on Linux ( Redhat 9, Fedora Core 2 ) and start uploading a ZIP File. In the process of uploading i disconnect the Client System from Network and re-plugin the network cable. The Client Application retries for connection after a specific delay, if it is available it resumes the upload. When i the upload is done, i try to copy/move/open/delete the uploaded ZIP File, then the OS gives an error saying File access is denied .

Can i get some starter on this issue ?

Thanks a lot in advance ...

Shailendra

Re: File Lock after disconnect and resume upload w

by wodSupport, Tuesday, September 06, 2005, 14:49 (6812 days ago) @ Shailendra

Shailendra,

are you using newest wodSFTP? Can you check Version property, what version numbers does it report?

When connection has broke, did Done event fire (to mark end of transfer)?

by Shailendra, Thursday, September 08, 2005, 09:00 (6810 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the Quick response and sorry for delay on my part.

The version of WOD SFTP which i am using is 2.2.0.7. I'm looking at the Done Event issue that you have queried for and will get back to you soon.

Thanks again ...

Shailendra

by wodSupport, Thursday, September 08, 2005, 10:33 (6810 days ago) @ Shailendra

Shailendra,

also, please update wodSFTP to newest version - just in case this is already fixed.

by Shailendra Gatade, Friday, September 16, 2005, 12:38 (6802 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi,

I am still not thru with the issue. I have some updates here, initially the locking used to happen in case of resume, but now i have noticed it even in case of a normal upload.

I've caught and logged the Error Code and Desc in the Done event. But i am not able to relate the done event with a specific command.

Please let me know what can be done ...

Thanks and regards,

Shailendra

by wodSupport, Friday, September 16, 2005, 13:00 (6802 days ago) @ Shailendra Gatade

Shailendra,

I'm not sure what to do. Do you have newest wodSFTP.NET (currently 2.1.1). You need to corelate Done event with your calls - even our sample apps do that.

You must provide us with a way to duplicate that problem. Can you take our sample app, change it so it causes same problem as you experience, zip it and send it to us?

Kreso

by Shailendra Gatade, Friday, September 16, 2005, 14:03 (6802 days ago) @ wodSupport

Shailendra,

I'm not sure what to do. Do you have newest wodSFTP.NET (currently 2.1.1). You need to corelate Done event with your calls - even our sample apps do that.

You must provide us with a way to duplicate that problem. Can you take our sample app, change it so it causes same problem as you experience, zip it and send it to us?

Kreso

Hi Kreso,

Yes ... i think that will be a right way to do it. I'll get back to you soon with the modified sample code.

Thanks and regards,

Shailendra