wodSSH DLL version? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodSSH DLL version? (wodSSH / wodSSH.NET)

by miigxp1, Monday, May 23, 2005, 23:57 (6916 days ago)

Hi,

I'm testing the product, and up till now, it works like a charm.

I wonder if there's a DLL version of it, so I can more easily distribute it. Registering an OCX may present problems during the installation process, even if we use InstallShield etc.

TIA

Gustavo Pinsard
Marília, Brasil

Re: wodSSH DLL version?

by wodSupport, Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 00:07 (6916 days ago) @ miigxp1

Marilia,

no, unfortunatelly there is no API version of wodSSH. We od have DLL version, but that's COM object that also needs to be registered with remote system.

We may have wodTelnetDLX API soon. What programming language do you use?

Re: wodSSH DLL version?

by miigxp1, Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 00:54 (6915 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just a note: My Name is Gustavo. Marília (which is a female name) is the name of my city, as it is asy to spot for the fact it is preceeding the name of my country, Brazil.

Anyway, I understood you do have a DLL version. Registration is not a real issue. As a matter of fact, we're more concerned about the visibility an OCX brings. A DLL is a stealthier componnent.

I use Clarion for Windows (www.softvelocity.com) which is much more than the majority thinks it is. Its compiler was created by Neils Jensen and his partners (former Borland, the programmer of TC and Turbo Pascal, and others). The problem is not with the language. Your componnent is ALREADY responding accordingly. If you do not have a DLL version, we'll probably go with the OCX one, if further testings result on an OK.

Thanks