License Key validation problem - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

License Key validation problem (General questions)

by Shweta, Friday, March 04, 2005, 07:00 (7016 days ago)

Hello,

I've wodFTPDLX 2.3.7 version.
I've installed the same on client m/c using 'Administrator' account. The license key was supplied during installation.

In VB, I'm using wodFTP DLL to create an object, say FTP1. I'm assigning the same license key in the code as well.

Now, if I run the application using 'Administrator' account, then it runs fine.

But, if I logon as a normal user, it says 'license key is not supplied'.
Here, if I give 'ADMIN' privileges to this user, it works fine. Naturally, I can not give 'Admin' privileges to all user who are using the application.

Please advise....
Thanks in advance.

-Shweta

Re: License Key validation problem

by wodSupport, Saturday, March 05, 2005, 14:31 (7014 days ago) @ Shweta

Shweta,

did you set LicenseKey property? Please look here for explanation:

http://www.weonlydo.com/FtpDLX/Help/Technical.html

by Shweta, Thursday, March 10, 2005, 10:38 (7010 days ago) @ wodSupport

Yes, I've set the property.
But the whole thing is working only for users with 'Admin' privileges & not for any other user / group.

Thanks,
Shweta

Shweta,

did you set LicenseKey property? Please look here for explanation:

http://www.weonlydo.com/FtpDLX/Help/Technical.html

by wodSupport, Thursday, March 10, 2005, 11:08 (7009 days ago) @ Shweta

In that case it could be that wodFtpDLX.DLL file is readable only by admin users - perhaps others don't have sufficient permissions to use this file?

by Shweta, Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 03:31 (7005 days ago) @ wodSupport

In that case it could be that wodFtpDLX.DLL file is readable only by admin users - perhaps others don't have sufficient permissions to use this file?

All the users have full permissions on all of the wodFTP files. But still it doesn't work.
But as soon as I include the user in the 'Admin' group, it starts working.
I'm really can't figure out the issue...

by wodSupport, Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 14:46 (7004 days ago) @ Shweta

Shweta,

seems to me that perhaps LicenseKey property doesn't hold correct license key. Did you set it up exactly as you received it from us? Can you send me your project (perhaps including source code) to techsupport@weonlydo.com? Or perhaps just EXE?

by Shweta, Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 11:57 (7003 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for reply..
But as I have stated in my earlier quotes, the whole thing works fine with ADMIN rights.

The license key is a valid one otherwise it wouldn't have worked with ADMIN user, right ?

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to send you the source code and as far as EXE is concerned, I do not have an EXE project.
It's an OCX project with lots of classes & user controls & you won't be able to run it till you have full application.

Anyways, thanks a lot for help..
I'll try to find some work around for this as I can not ask clients to give ADMIN rights to all users.

Thank you,
-Shweta

Shweta,

seems to me that perhaps LicenseKey property doesn't hold correct license key. Did you set it up exactly as you received it from us? Can you send me your project (perhaps including source code) to techsupport@weonlydo.com? Or perhaps just EXE?

by wodSupport, Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:55 (7003 days ago) @ Shweta

Shweta,

Thanks for reply..
But as I have stated in my earlier quotes, the whole thing works fine with ADMIN rights.

The license key is a valid one otherwise it wouldn't have worked with ADMIN user, right ?

No, not really. Admin can have correct license key in the registry. For other users, registry is not accessible, so LicenseKey property is used - and here it fails...

by Shweta, Thursday, March 17, 2005, 10:56 (7002 days ago) @ wodSupport

ohh ..ok ok...
Let me check it & I'll get back to u..
But I'm using the same key while installing the component on the machine (during setup)... :(

Thanks,
I'll get back to u...

-Shweta

Shweta,

Thanks for reply..

No, not really. Admin can have correct license key in the registry. For other users, registry is not accessible, so LicenseKey property is used - and here it fails...