RSA Encryption - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

RSA Encryption (General questions)

by DomitianX, Thursday, March 03, 2005, 14:01 (7016 days ago)

I am working with a ecommerce package that stores the credit card information in encrypted format using RSA encryption. They provide a private key you can use in their software to view the credit card information.

I need to export the data out of the store into another system and I need to decrypt the data before I insert it.

The key file (XML) that is generated is formatted like this:

<RSAKeyValue>
<Modulus>longbitoftexthere</Modulus>
<Exponent>text</Exponent>
<P>longbitoftexthere</P>
<Q>longbitoftexthere</Q>
<DP>longbitoftexthere</DP>
<DQ>longbitoftexthere</DQ>
<InverseQ>longbitoftexthere</InverseQ>
<D>longbitoftexthere</D>
</RSAKeyValue>

Can I use wodCrypt to decrypt the credit card information using the private key they provided me?

Re: RSA Encryption

by wodSupport, Thursday, March 03, 2005, 18:44 (7016 days ago) @ DomitianX

Yes you can. wodCrypt comes with wodKeys component that is used for loading (saving, generating....) keys, and one of the methods in wodKeys is FromXMLString. It is used to load RSA/DSA key in the format you specified (returned by NET framework's ToXmlString function). Please take a look at http://www.weonlydo.com/Keys/Help/WODSSHKeyLib~Keys~FromXmlString.html
I belive there is C# example called '2. Key in XML' shipped with wodCrypt - please check it out, perhaps it will help you.

by DomitianX, Thursday, March 03, 2005, 20:54 (7016 days ago) @ wodSupport

Sounds great, but I forgot to mention that I am using classic ASP, not .Net.

Can I still use the component?

by wodSupport, Thursday, March 03, 2005, 22:40 (7016 days ago) @ DomitianX
edited by wodSupport, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 12:54

Yup, those are activex products, you can use them in ASP. Do not forget to read Getting started in ASP to see how to use DEMO version of wodCrypt in ASP.