Problem with missing cookies.. - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Problem with missing cookies.. (General questions)

by nova, Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:03 (7027 days ago)

Hi again, I hope you can help me, as I have been bangning my head on this problem for the last couple of days, and have just realized that the error is probably in the wodHTTP dll, and not my code.

If i get a page, for example webmail.aol.com, then i have found that by looking at the page with firefox, or another http component (which i downloaded a trial on to do a test) i have MORE cookies!

It seems that the process in wodHTTP that moves cookies from the raw headers to the cookies collection, is loosing some cookies. I assume this because the cookies have all been removed from the headers collection, but only some are appearing in the cookies collection.

Is it simply that they have expirey dates in the past, and therefore you are ignoring them - as I need to be able to at least see these cookies regardless, and decide myself should i ignore them or not.

If this is the case, or if it is simply a bug, can you please let me know ASAP as i need this resolved urgently.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Problem with missing cookies..

by wodSupport, Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:07 (7027 days ago) @ nova

Nova,

before we proceed please make sure you use the most recent version of wodHttpDLX, there were some recent fixes regarding cookies.

Then, can you please send me some sample (to techsupport@weonlydo.com) that will demonstrate your problem - this will be the best way to fix this bug (if it exists).

You are aware of hidden DebugFile property? You can set it to, for example C:\debug.txt and there you get full dump of connection, perhaps that will give us some insight too if headers are sent or not.

Can you try above?

by nova, Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:36 (7027 days ago) @ wodSupport

OK, looking at it right now. I only got the dll from you a couple of weeks ago, has there been a new one sice already?

I also never got the automated email on purchase, cos of some problem you mentioned, so i don't know where to download latest dll from??? Is there a link, as i thought the version on the site for free download was a trial version only?

by nova, Sunday, February 20, 2005, 23:43 (7027 days ago) @ nova

OK found out how to download, and the zip file was 5kb bigger, so i assume there was some update. Will test with new version, and get back to you.

Thanks for responding sooooo fast!!!