OS requirements and run as a service - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

OS requirements and run as a service (wodVPN)

by taliasimoneaux01, Friday, February 28, 2014, 04:21 (3703 days ago)

Hi, we have private network behind a firewall and we have Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 as OS, we want to purchase your software but first we need some info before we commit.

1. We will be using C# to compile the wodvpn and we need to know what is the software requirements for the wodvpn to work on all those oprating systems, like .NET, directx or any other software that we need to install before so we can run the wodVPN exe.

*(Can you tell us the system requirements for all ( VB, VC, Delphi, VB.NET and C#) if there are any differences.

2. We will have a public server running the Mediator and we need to know if a peer can wait on the mediator for hours/days/weeks before another peer can locate it.
The reason for this is that we will have multiple instances of wodVPN running on our main server behind a firewall, and a client will have to connect to it through the VPN when it needs to send data to the server, and that can be every hour/day/week.

3. Do you have any example of C# code to make the wodvpn run as a service?
And if so can a small installer be used to register the dll, add and start the service and set it to autostart on boot?

4. Proxy support, wodVPN implements SOCKS4/4A/5 protocol, is this a socks server that can be started on a peer? or do we need to install a separate socks server on a local port of that peer and forward the port through VPN?

5. Can we execute commands from a peer to another peer without a third party software? if not, can we use SSHServer as a way to execute commands from a peer to another peer? if so, can we use SSHServer as proxy just like "ssh -ND..."? and if so, can we make SSHServer run as a windows service?

*Do we need to use SSHTunnel with SSHServer to create a local socks server or the SSHServer can do that by itself?

6. i see the C# have a Interop.WODVPNCOMLib.dll, is that required on every OS and do i have to register it? and can a exe work only with that dll? or do i have to register wodvpn.dll on every OS?
Can the dll's and the exe be merged together for more simple deployment? Or do i need to use third party software to do that?

7. can i build only a exe without no dll's to do all the things we want if we purchase the source and if so do you have and example code to do that?
It doesn't have to be C#, it can be VC or any language.

Thank you for your support and excuse my english, we are from Germany.

Complete thread: