64-bit Vista (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)
Does wodSFTPdlx support Windows Vista 64-bit?
Does wodSFTPdlx support Windows Vista 64-bit?
by Jasmine, (6964 days ago) @ Oleg
Oleg,
if I'm correct, 32bit apps can run on 64bit vista, and they can use our components.
As for native x64 apps, I don't think it can use ActiveX components that are not specially built for x64 platform.
What programming language would you use it in?
Kreso
by Oleg
, (6964 days ago) @ Jasmine
Kreso,
I am using VS VC++ 2005 for making 32 bit app on 32-bit Vista computer. When trying this app on 64-bit Vista:
Command regsvr32 wodftpdlx.ocx on Vista 64-bit run successfully.
But CreateDispatch(_T( WeOnlyDo.wodFtpDLXCom.1 ),NULL) return error.
by Jasmine, (6964 days ago) @ Oleg
Yes, that is expected.
I am not sure if would be capable of producing OCXes in 64bit since they are made in C++ with ATL and VC6. Migrating to VS2005 could lead to potential disasters.
But if we ever have to go that road, we'll see what/how. No promises yet.
Kreso
by Oleg
, (6963 days ago) @ Jasmine
I've installed wodFtpDLX on 64-bit Vista computer and my app started to work. When I deinstall wodFtpDLX and install my app again it doesn't work (CreateDispatch returns error). I guess I am doing something wrong with distribution. My app installer installs and registers wodFtpDLX.ocx (and I tryed resvr32 manually, it works without error) but CreateDispatch returns error.
Should I distribute some other files with my app but not only wodFtpDLX.ocx?
by woddrazen
, (6963 days ago) @ Oleg
Oleg,
You should distribute just wodFtpDLX.ocx if you don't use wodCertificate in your code. What error did you receive?
You cannot distribute DEMO version of our component, maybe this is a problem. Licensed version don't have that issue.
Drazen
by Oleg
, (6963 days ago) @ woddrazen
I tryed with wodFtpDLX.dll and it works.
It is not DEMO version.
by woddrazen
, (6963 days ago) @ Oleg
Oleg,
You are saying that wodFtpDLX.dll works ands wodFtpDLX.ocx doesn't?
Drazen
by Oleg
, (6963 days ago) @ woddrazen
Yes
by woddrazen
, (6963 days ago) @ Oleg
Oleg,
As Kreso already mention native ActiveX components (OCX) that is build in 32bit environment will not work in 64bit environment.
You can probably use instead OCX, DLL (wodFtpDLX.dll).
Also in one of your previous posts you are receiving error in line:
[code]
CreateDispatch(_T( WeOnlyDo.wodFtpDLXCom.1 ),NULL)
[/code]
From WeOnlyDo.wodFtpDLXCom.1 I see that your are using wodFtpDLX.dll. You should in that can regsvr32 wodFtpDLX.dll
Drazen

We have recently completed a large 1200+ location project where reliable Telnet and SSH connectivity was required. wodSSH worked flawlessly and allowed our staff to complete our project ontime and within budget.

...your service has been phenomenal. It's always quick and you are there when I need you.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a good quality SFTP solution.

Thank you so much for your hard work and commitment in producing well thought-out solutions. WeOnlyDo is very committed to customer satisfaction!

WeOnlyDo!COM will be the first stop I make should I require any further off-the-shelf components.

It was no small factor, however, that your support in getting me up and running made me buy from you.

I really like these products - they are consistently first rate!

I've heard that you are amazing with your replies coming back so quickly - and now I've seen the speed in which you reply first hand.

May I say how nice it is to work with components so complete and self-explanatory that using them in my application is as instinctive as though I wrote them myself?

...I'm extremely impressed with the product, it represents excellent value for money...

