Determine host type (General questions)
Is it possible to determine the host system type (e.g. Unix or VMS) using wodsFTP?
Cheers
Rob
Is it possible to determine the host system type (e.g. Unix or VMS) using wodsFTP?
Cheers
Rob
by wodDamir
, (7425 days ago) @ LittleRob
Hi Rob,
Yes, you can do it by using RemoteIdentification Property.
You can find more help on this Property at the following link:
http://www.weonlydo.com/SFTP/Help/wodSFTPLib~wodSFTP~RemoteIdentification.html
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Damir
by Jasmine, (7425 days ago) @ wodDamir
Rob,
I'm not sure how much RemoteIdentification will help - but it is the only way to see type if the server announces it. If it doesn't, then there's no technical way to determine it only through SFTP protocol commands.
Kreso
by LittleRob
, (7425 days ago) @ Jasmine
Kreso & Damir
Thanks for the very speedy response. However, I'm not sure whether that's going to be sufficient for me. I guess what I was hoping was for something more like the output of the FTP SYST command
e.g.
ftp> quote syst
215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: BSD-44
and on VMS I get a string that starts VMS
I can't test it easily in my office as my VMS machine doesn't have sFTP installed. least I don't think it does.
Rob
by Jasmine, (7425 days ago) @ LittleRob
Rob,
SFTP is nothing like FTP, so there's no SYST command. You can't even execute arbitary commands at all, only predefined subset that is used for managing files.
Kreso
by Littlerob
, (7425 days ago) @ Jasmine
Kreso
Thanks. I guess I'll learn
I've written a couple of FTP routines (using Sockets and more recently Catalyst's Sockettools) but I'm only just starting out with SSH.
Many thanks
Rob
by Jasmine, (7425 days ago) @ Littlerob
Rob,
SSH is different story. If you have wodSSH you could connect and send 'uname -a' to see about the system.
Kreso
by Littlerob
, (7423 days ago) @ Jasmine
Kreso
Just thought you'd like to know that my testing with the eval copy has gone so well that I've just bought wodsftp and wodssh. OK, it was only a single copy of each so you won't be retiring just yet, but as I believe Chairman Mao said Every thousand mile march has its first step
I've been really impressed by the level of support, the responsiveness here, and the quality of the code. Keep up the good work !
Cheers
Rob

You did a great job on wodSSH and wodSSHServer! I got a lot for very little money. Thanks!

Not only wodSFTPdll is excellent, the service you have provided is outstanding and second to none!

...what I really like is that wodSSH and wodSFTP components work excellently and are constantly being improved...

Thank you for the great customer service ... I am really impressed with the wodSSH ActiveX control.

May I say how nice it is to work with components so complete and self-explanatory that using them in my application is as instinctive as though I wrote them myself?

The wodCrypt product is great and we appreciate your effort to add support for UNIX Crypt.

...I'm extremely impressed with the product, it represents excellent value for money...

Just thought you'd like to know that my gateway app with your SMTP Server component held the line against a DDOS attack today...

You did a great job on wodSSH and wodSSHServer! I got a lot for very little money. Thanks!

Just thought you'd like to know that my gateway app with your SMTP Server component held the line against a DDOS attack today...

