Does wodSFTP support implicit SSL connections? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Does wodSFTP support implicit SSL connections? (General questions)

by Jeffrey Randall, Thursday, January 27, 2005, 22:44 (7036 days ago)

I purchased the wodSFTP component and have been using it without a problem. Recently I have been asked to use it with another SFTP server and it gets an error trying to connect.

I was able to use an SFTP client called FileZilla to connect manually to this server, but I had to turn on an option called 'implicit'.

Is there a property of the wodSFTP component that I can set to use an 'implicit' connection?

Re: Does wodSFTP support implicit SSL connections?

by wodSupport, Thursday, January 27, 2005, 23:08 (7036 days ago) @ Jeffrey Randall

Jeffrey,

SFTP protocol is quite different than FTP (or FTPS). It does not support those two protocols. In order to use FTPS implicit connection, I suggest you try out wodFtpDLX which supports all of these protocols. Just set there Protocol = FTPSimplicit and you're all set. It's almost the same interface as wodSFTP.

Hope it helps.

by Jeffrey Randall, Friday, January 28, 2005, 01:06 (7036 days ago) @ wodSupport

It looks like wodFtpDLX may do what I need it to do. I will give it a try. If it works, is there any way I could upgrade from wodSFTP to wodFtpDLX? I puchased wodSFTP for the company I work for on November 2nd, 2004. I didn't realize that you had another component that would do everything wodSFTP does, and more, for only $20 more. Had I know that, I would have pushed to get wodFtpDLX.

by Jeffrey Randall, Friday, January 28, 2005, 14:05 (7036 days ago) @ Jeffrey Randall

I gave the wodFtpDLX a try and I am able to connect to both servers using it.

Is there any way I can get credit for having purchased a developer's license for wodSFTP and exchange it for wodFtpDLX?

by wodSupport, Friday, January 28, 2005, 14:07 (7036 days ago) @ Jeffrey Randall

Jeffrey,

please send me email to kreso@weonlydo.com, let's see if we can come up with something.

Regards,
Kreso