download location - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

download location (wodAppUpdate)

by jasnew1969, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 19:07 (5846 days ago)

Where is it storing the files it downloads? Is that what it uses to determine a previous update attempt? I have issued a reset command but it still says previous download detected.

Re: download location

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 19:42 (5846 days ago) @ jasnew1969

Hi,

The component will download the temporary files into the folder where the application is run from, unless different path was used in Path property. Those files have a .new extension.

Also, if you wish to delete any possible leftover files, you should call Clear method from within PrevDetected Event. Or you can use PrevExists property to check if previous files already exist, and call the method then.

Regards,
Damba

by jasnew1969, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 20:23 (5846 days ago) @ wodDamir

I get a previous instance notice everytime I start the program. I searched my computer and there are no files with .new extentions. I've called reset and clear and still get the notice. Is there another file it's looking for?

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 20:41 (5846 days ago) @ jasnew1969

Hi,

Did you try our samples? Do they work? Do you receive the same problem with them too?

Also, what version of the component are you using?

Regards,
Damba

by jasnew1969, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 20:46 (5846 days ago) @ wodDamir

Yes, same with your sample. The version is 1.3.0.79. The only differnce between your sample and my code is a little bit of logging I added to catch type-o's in the config file. As soon as you run the exe, previous download detected.

by wodDamir, Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 21:36 (5846 days ago) @ jasnew1969

Hi,

You can check where the temporary file is placed by checking the NewPath property after the download is done.

I.e, in DownloadDone do something like this:

MsgBox wodAppUpdate1.Files(0).NewPath

It will return the path to where the file is placed.

Regards,
Damba