Will provide wodUpdSv.exe as com/dll instead? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Will provide wodUpdSv.exe as com/dll instead? (wodAppUpdate)

by D Waters, Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 19:09 (6154 days ago)

The new AppUpdate component is great. I like the latest update, which includes the ability to run the AppUpdate as a service.

Any chance that you will incorporate this into a component instead? Where it can be customised by the developer? The main problem I have is that it creates a service called 'WeOnlyDo wodAppUpdate Service', which users installing my application will wonder what that is. I'd like to be able to at lease customize the service name, and wrap the dll within my own exe.

An idea - release it as a separate product; a Windows Services component. I would by it, given WOD's track record for quality components.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Will provide wodUpdSv.exe as com/dll instead?

by wodSupport, Thursday, June 14, 2007, 15:30 (6153 days ago) @ D Waters

Dave,

anythign is possible :) If not officially, I can provide it for you if you really need it.

Kreso

by D Waters, Thursday, June 14, 2007, 20:44 (6153 days ago) @ wodSupport

If it will solve my issue, then yes, I could really use it.

Let me know.

Dave,

anythign is possible :) If not officially, I can provide it for you if you really need it.

Kreso

by D Waters, Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 19:37 (6148 days ago) @ D Waters

Kreso,
Will it be possible to get this COM piece (Service creator)?

Thanks!

Dave,

Kreso

by wodSupport, Wednesday, June 20, 2007, 00:04 (6148 days ago) @ D Waters

Dave,

yes, it is possible - it's just a matter of time.. When do you need it? Any chance it can wait until next month?

BTW I cannot make it as service, of course.. I can just make it something to be used from the service..

Kreso