Initial Password for the LoginChallenge Event - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Initial Password for the LoginChallenge Event (General questions)

by Tushar, Friday, October 15, 2004, 07:54 (7143 days ago)

Hi,

I am using wodSSH COM component to authenticate the server access via SSH2 protocol. I want to use LoginChallenge Event so that I can ask users to provide the password for authentication. For this I am handling LoginChallenge Event and popping up a dialog box where the user will enter their password which will then be send in the Response parameter of the handled function, to the server.

My question is do I need to provide the initial password when connecting to the server? As per the documentation before calling the Connect method the login/password properties MUST be set !

Please see from the Password property help
This property is required for the SSH protocol, so you should enter some value here before calling the Connect method. However, even the Telnet protocol doesn't require it; if you put your password here, wodSSH will try automatically to authorize you with remote server. In this case you will get the command prompt as the first data received from the server.

What is some value here? Also from what I infer from above is that if I do not provide the password wodSSH will not try to authorize me automatically with the remote server.

Please let me know how do I provide the required functionality.

Thanks.

Re: Initial Password for the LoginChallenge Event

by wodSupport, Friday, October 15, 2004, 12:45 (7143 days ago) @ Tushar

Tushar,

LoginChallenge event will be fired only if server requires keyboard-interactive authentication.

You must put something in Password property - initial password specified by the user. wodSSH will try to use that password to login. If it fails, and server uses keyboard-interactive authentication, wodSSH will fire LoginChallenge allowing you to specify your response to server's challenge question. This can be password he ask for, but can be anything else, depending on the server's setup.