style Tag in header or stylesheet relation - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

style Tag in header or stylesheet relation (General questions)

by reggie strong, Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:52 (6998 days ago)

Hello

I'm just trying to get the WebServer-Control running as Component.
I wonder if I can set a stylesheet link in the header part, e.g.
link rel= stylesheet type= text/css href= formate.css

or if I can enter a style tag in the header where I can define styles. I cannot find any hint in the help, maybe I'm too blind ;-)

I've only seen the possibility to add WebHeader-Entries to the Header of the response object, but I cannot get it to work with my style-issue.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
reggie

Re: style Tag in header or stylesheet relation

by wodSupport, Monday, March 21, 2005, 15:01 (6998 days ago) @ reggie strong

Reggie,

wodWebServer doesn't really care about content of your HTML pages, as far as it is concerned, you can put anything - it will send it to the client. So, I don't think this question can be answered from wodWebServer's perspective.

Does it make sense to you?

by reggie strong, Monday, March 21, 2005, 16:14 (6998 days ago) @ wodSupport

Thanks for your fast answer.
I try to explain my problem a bit more, but maybe I just don't understand what you mean:

I want to use the wodWebServer as a built-in webserver in an application to read some status out and start/stop some processes by browser. The webpages are composed dynamically by VB code. In the event RequestDone the application evaluates the action the user want to do and composes the webpage on the fly. If I understand the use of wodWebServer right, for that reason I have to fill in at least the user.response.body property and optionally the user.response.headers property. For the needed functionality it works really ok, but I would like to use a stylesheet (somewhat.css file) that is stored in the application path. In a static page I can write code like
link rel= stylesheet type= text/css href= formate.css in the header part and it works ok. As the webheaders of wodWebServer always consist of a name and a value, I just would like to know if this is possible to enter (and how) or not.
If this is not possible, I have to put all the style formatting hardcoded into the VB code, which I want to prevent.

Maybe it's clear now what I mean.
Thanks and kind regards
reggie

by wodSupport, Monday, March 21, 2005, 18:40 (6998 days ago) @ reggie strong

Reggie,

yes, you can do that, but in that case you must prepare your code in RequestDone event to check if user has requested that 'somefile.css' file (instead of your dynamically generated HTML file) and return that from static file.

Is that what you had in mind?