wodSFTP1_HostFingerprint event not firing related to flowssh - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

wodSFTP1_HostFingerprint event not firing related to flowssh (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by DistributelDevs, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 20:09 (1861 days ago)

We have a VB6 application that uses the wodsftp component (Version 3.0.0.26 ) One of the servers it uploads to was recently worked on, and since that point in time the client has been failing to connect.
The connection fails due to a timeout. We noticed that the wodSFTP1_HostFingerprint event does not fire, whereas for other servers the application connects to it does.
The only difference we see on the server is that the SSH implementation changed
OLD = SSH implementation = 5.37 FlowSsh: Bitvise SSH Server (WinSSHD) 6.45
NEW (NOT WORKING) SSH implementation = 7.26 FlowSsh: Bitvise SSH Server (WinSSHD) 7.26

wodSFTP1_HostFingerprint event not firing related to flowssh

by Jasmine, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 20:57 (1861 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi.

I see you're using wodSFTP from year 2005, if I'm correct. Just as server updated to most recent version, you would need to update the client and it should work. If problem persists with latest version, please let me know!

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by DistributelDevs, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 21:06 (1861 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi Jasmine, we downloaded the latest version of the component and tested with it and the behaviour is the same.
Thanks,
Peter

Hi.

I see you're using wodSFTP from year 2005, if I'm correct. Just as server updated to most recent version, you would need to update the client and it should work. If problem persists with latest version, please let me know!

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

by Jasmine, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 21:11 (1861 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi Peter,

I'll try to obtain latest Bitvise for test and check it out to see what's going on. Will post back when I have something, I may need a day for test.

Jasmine.

by Jasmine, Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 22:33 (1861 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi.

I just downloaded Bitvise server personal edition and tried latest wodSFTP VB "1. Simple" example on it - it worked without any issues.

Can you give me specific steps you used to duplicate your problem?

Regards,
Jasmine.

by DistributelDevs, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 14:49 (1860 days ago) @ Jasmine

Hi Jasmine
Our app simply connects to the server and uploads a file.
We set the following properties on the sftp object
Authentication = authPassword
Blocking = True
Encryption = encAny

We use the same logic for connecting and uploading to 5 other servers (all openssh implementations) with no issue.
We have not modified the client logic in years - the process simply stopped working after this particular server had some maintenance done on it (the server belongs to another company, the owners insist that the issue is caused by our application not accepting the server's new host key).

thanks very much for your assistance.

by Jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 16:26 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi.

Ok, if you try our basic sample, does it work? One that comes with wodSFTP installation? We need to isolate if issue is in your app or in wodSFTP.

It cannot happen that wodSFTP itself doesn't accept the key - simply because it doesn't have logic to accept/refuse a key, he gives it to the app to decide.

Jasmine.

by DistributelDevs, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:25 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi Jasmine - here are the logs using both the latest component and the one we currently use

CURRENT VERSION OF COMPONENT USED BY OUR APP - PRODUCTION 3.0.0.26
This sample will autoconnect to remote computer using SSH2 protocol, and will return full listing of / (root) directory.
After that it will disconnect.
Connecting...
STATECHANGE: Connecting to server (from Disconnected from server) CONNECT error: The current connection has timeout.
DISCONNECTED!
STATECHANGE: Disconnected from server (from Connecting to server)

LATEST VERSION OF COMPONENT - DEMO 3.8.5.216
This sample will autoconnect to remote computer using SSH2 protocol, and will return full listing of / (root) directory.
After that it will disconnect.
Connecting...
STATECHANGE: Connecting to server (from Disconnected from server) CONNECT error: The current connection has timeout.
DISCONNECTED!
STATECHANGE: Disconnected from server (from Connecting to server)

thanks again very much for your assistance,
Peter

by Jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:34 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi.

Did you get those results with our sample app? But this timeout looks like different issue completely. Is your app desktop or service?

Jasmine

by DistributelDevs, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:37 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi Jasmine,
Yes these results were produced using the sameple app.
We use this logic in both a desktop app and a service
thanks,
Peter

by Jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:40 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Does Putty or Filezilla in SFTP mode work?

Jasmine

by DistributelDevs, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:57 (1860 days ago) @ Jasmine

Does Putty or Filezilla in SFTP mode work?

Jasmine

Hi Jasmine,

Filezilla works, it prompt for the fingerprints and then I was in.

Thanks

by Jasmine, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 19:53 (1860 days ago) @ DistributelDevs

Hi.

I think its best if you send ticket to techsupport, and we will reply with special DLL that will dump some more logs to see how far does wodSFTP go with the connection.

Note that DLL will be based on latest version.

Jasmine