Slow Upload - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Slow Upload (wodWebServer / wodWebServer.NET)

by Didier Urban, Friday, July 13, 2018, 18:58 (2076 days ago)

Hello,

ActiveX component : The upload is very slow to write on disk. The file is sent very quickly in temp folder but saved after a lot of time. (for example 100Mb file)

When the debugfile is defined the binary data of the sent file is immediatly written in the debug file but the timr for saving it on disk to destination is still slow.

Why ? How can we reduce this time ?

Thanks
Best Regards
Didier

Slow Upload

by wodSupport, Friday, July 13, 2018, 21:45 (2075 days ago) @ Didier Urban

Didier,

hi. Can you please be more specific? What would be 'fast upload to temp file'? Are you saying file is received fast? What exactly is slow?

I'm trying to isolate the problem to try to determine where the possible problem is.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

Slow Upload

by Didier, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 10:54 (2075 days ago) @ wodSupport

Didier,

hi. Can you please be more specific? What would be 'fast upload to temp file'? Are you saying file is received fast? What exactly is slow?

I'm trying to isolate the problem to try to determine where the possible problem is.

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

Hello,

When we post the file come in Temp folder in 20 seconds but the file is available in the folder only after 2 minutes?
The extraction from text message to physical file is very slow.

Thanks
Best Regards
Didier

Slow Upload

by wodSupport, Saturday, July 14, 2018, 23:57 (2074 days ago) @ Didier

Hi Didier,

we were able to duplicate your problem, and I think it's now improved. Please request update from our website and try latest version (1.6.7), I believe you will notice significant speedup.

Let me know how it goes!
Jasmine.

Slow Upload

by Didier, Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:09 (2073 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi Didier,

we were able to duplicate your problem, and I think it's now improved. Please request update from our website and try latest version (1.6.7), I believe you will notice significant speedup.

Let me know how it goes!
Jasmine.

Hello Jasmine,

It's working well, but with file > 500Mb we have a Access Violation in WodWebD.DLL (Delphi). It's working very well with 498Mb.

Thanks
Didier

Slow Upload

by Didier, Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:11 (2073 days ago) @ Didier

Hi Didier,

Let me know how it goes!
Jasmine.

Hello Jasmine,

It's working well, but with file > 500Mb we have a Access Violation in WodWebD.DLL (Delphi). It's working very well with 498Mb.

Thanks
Didier

The File is in temp folder (all data) 1Tb, 500Mb... and can be open if we rename it (with the good extension).
But crash after when you move it?

Thanks
Didier

Slow Upload

by wodSupport, Monday, July 16, 2018, 20:33 (2073 days ago) @ Didier

Hi Didier,

yes, we duplicated this as well. This was out of memory error, which caused access violation since we didn't check for it. Whole 500mb file was loaded into memory to search for uploaded parts.

This is now changed and virtual buffers are used, so there's no high memory usage (but speed was not sacrificed).

Can you try it now?

Aaaaaaand, btw, congrats to your football's team victory! It was awesome match!

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

Slow Upload

by Didier, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 19:53 (2072 days ago) @ wodSupport

Hi Didier,

yes, we duplicated this as well. This was out of memory error, which caused access violation since we didn't check for it. Whole 500mb file was loaded into memory to search for uploaded parts.

This is now changed and virtual buffers are used, so there's no high memory usage (but speed was not sacrificed).

Can you try it now?

Aaaaaaand, btw, congrats to your football's team victory! It was awesome match!

Kind regards,
Jasmine.

Thank you very much Jasmine,

It's working very well and the speed is very good.
Your team was very strong!!!!!

Best Regards
Didier