What are the steps to Connect WodVPN to Remote Server? - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

What are the steps to Connect WodVPN to Remote Server? (wodVPN)

by Muhammad Saeed, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 07:18 (2303 days ago)

Hi,

I have mergerd WodVPN Active X control with my .NET application. by using this , i want to connect my Application to VPN server to access all the documents and files placed on Server.
Am unable to figure out the solution of how to do that..
Please Guide me accordingly.
Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

What are the steps to Connect WodVPN to Remote Server?

by wodSupport, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 07:51 (2303 days ago) @ Muhammad Saeed

Hi Muhammad.

Can you tell me if you tried our C# or VB.NET samples first? Do they work? Did you manage to connect two wodVPN instances together using our samples?

Jasmine.

by Muhammad Saeed, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 10:38 (2303 days ago) @ Muhammad Saeed

Yes i did using Sample projects for VB.NET.
it simply takes my system ip once i press the search button and assigns some default port..
i want to connect through server with form1

by Muhammad Saeed, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 10:42 (2303 days ago) @ Muhammad Saeed

Is it necessary that the remote server should also install the setup file and run its sample for communication purpose?

by wodSupport, Thursday, December 07, 2017, 12:59 (2303 days ago) @ Muhammad Saeed

Hi Mihammad,

there is no 'server' in wodVPN. There are only two instances of wodVPN, on separate computers. Give them local and remote name (and vice versa, same names on other side), and click on Search button. Once they are located using our global mediator, click on 'Connect'.

So, you must have wodVPN running on two computers, and click on Search in about same time.

You cannot connect to VPN or OpenVPN (or any other 3rd party service) using wodVPN.

I hope this helps!
Jasmine.