Timeout Property - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Timeout Property (wodSFTP / wodSFTP.NET / wodSFTPdll)

by kdcarlisle, Thursday, May 28, 2009, 14:42 (5439 days ago)

I have created a powershell cmdlet that does various ftp (get/put/remove) actions (all in blocking mode). This cmdlet is used within our powershell scripts to upload/download files from various ftp servers.

One of the servers that we work on is a titan ftp server. This ftp server is an older version (and is starting to have some issues). We are in the process of migrating it to a new machine, but that will take some time (6-12 months).

Currently the .Connect method hangs at random times. We have various jobs that use this cmdlet to connect to the same ftp server (all using the same ftp account). At some point each of the jobs has gotten hung up while attempting to .Connect. Because of this I set a time-out value in the controlling application (Visual Cron) to stop after 2 hours.

Yesterday I changed the Timeout property (from 0) to 30 right before the .Connect is called. I then set the Timeout propert back to 0 after the .Connect call. I installed the updated code and allowed all the jobs to start processing. This morning when I checked the system various jobs were still timeing out but from the Visual Cron side (not the component side).

While we do have a work-around (using Visual Cron), we would prefer to use the timeout feature of the component (and not have to wait for 2 hours).

-Kent

Complete thread: