Re: SFTP Connection Failure - WeOnlyDo Discussion board

Re: SFTP Connection Failure (General questions)

by MikeG, Thursday, November 06, 2008, 14:54 (5660 days ago) @ wodDamir

Sorry, Damba. The client uses that SFTP server for automated processing of sensitive data. I really doubt that they would give you access to it.

Please note that I was only able to run telnet when FtpDLX did not experience these issues while connecting. My only hope is to catch the server when it's doing this and quickly run telnet. So far I didn't have the chance.

I get the complaints from the client's Project Manager and when I say that it's probably because of the SFTP server, the IT team ask me for a proof that the server isn't working. I give them that message and they tell me that it's not a standard message and there's nothing wrong with their server: it must be the component that we are using.

This is my dillema: since the message isn't standard and it's generated by your component, there must be a validation rule inside FtpDLX that makes a connection fail with that message. Is this rule documented anywhere? If this is not a standard documented behaviour, then I (and my client) can only assume that it's a bug.

Complete thread: